X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LMcD
    • Sep 2017

Let the LALL save English football!

Perhaps the English game might be best served by the establishment of a Lancashire and London League (aka 'English Super Premier League')? To reward their continued excellent records in the current Premier League, there would be 4 permanent members - Man U, Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea - and one other Lancashire and one other London team would be allowed to join (initially for a trial period and upon payment of an acceptable membership fee). Each team would play the other just 4 times a season, so as to avoid player burn-out and keep season ticket prices at a reasonable level. The remaining Premier League teams could then engage in a more meaningful competition which hopefully would not be won repeatedly by the same 'elite' group of clubs.
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

....I thought that was the whole point of HS2....
    bong ching

Comment

• Mario
      • Aug 2020

To both of you,

Hilarious, absolutely hilarious! Great way to start the day.

Mario

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Great idea - fast track Bury back into the big time!

Comment

• teamsaint
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          Great idea - fast track Bury back into the big time!
          As the first ( only?) club to score 1000 goals in all four levels, that is surely overdue.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• LMcD
            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
            As the first ( only?) club to score 1000 goals in all four levels, that is surely overdue.
            Bury certainly seem to have a strong claim to be the first additional Lancashire team to be invited to join the Big Four.
            Fulham's claim to fame - they're the oldest London team in English league football - could perhaps entitle them to join the Super Six.

Comment

• vinteuil
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
              Fulham's claim to fame - they're the oldest London team in English league football - could perhaps entitle them to join the Super Six.
              ... the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham is home to Chelsea, Fulham, and QPR. I suggest all three teams be part of the London Six, or if this shd be deemed an exaggerated claim, that the three appear on a rota as one of the Six

Comment

• LMcD
                • Sep 2017

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                ... the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham is home to Chelsea, Fulham, and QPR. I suggest all three teams be part of the London Six, or if this shd be deemed an exaggerated claim, that the three appear on a rota as one of the Six

Sorry - the LALL has to be limited to 2+1 Lancashire teams and 2+1 London teams in order to ensure the desired degree of exclusivity. London could, of course, have its own 6-team league, the Top London Teams League or TLTL, with the winner respectfully seeking admission to the LALL. You could even have a Hammersmith and Fulham League, or HandFul, with the winner respectfully seeking admission to join the TLTL.

Comment

Working...
                X