X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

Such glittering dross....

....I feel fain to say that Tues 20th of April 2021 evening was not a good night for TV on BBC 1/2/4, itv1, C4....to the menders, benders , fettlers, mould making braizers and skives I apologise for this must have been hearty TV beef for you....

BBC1: 2245hr Glow Up: Britains Next Make-up Star....1/8....a competition to cleverly put colourful muck on different peoples faces....

BBC2 : 1830hrs Saved and Remade.....a programme where members of the public hope the BBC will subsidise petty project they are too lazy and too skill impoverished to do themselves.....

1900hrs Hairy Bikers....repeat
    200hrs All that Glitters : Britains Next Jewellry Star....2/6 competition for horologisto, gemologist, lapidarians, siversmiths to run around....
    2100hrs Make-Up : a Glamourous History....1/3....more make-up stuff from a different perpective (possibly Historical)....

BBC4 world Snooker.....A303: Highway to the Sun (being repeated for the 704th time....

ITV1 : Repeated Cooking programmes,repeated celebrity Trip programmes....repeated gameshow.....repeated programmes about trains stations

C4 : 200hrs Celebrity Bake Off
    2100hrs Snackmasters....clever cooks with Tv cameraderie remake Shreddies. Plus another chance for Fred Sirleix to be convivial....
    2200hrs Naked Attraction....New Series.....same sort of plucked, tattooed, studded nutters
    2300hrs First Dates Hotel....Phhhwwwwfrrrrrrrr
    Last edited by eighthobstruction; 22-04-21, 11:45.
    bong ching
  • french frank
    Administrator/Moderator
    • Feb 2007

'Repeated programmes about trains stations' sounds good
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
      • Nov 2010

....can a spokeperson from BBC2 please tell us where newly commissioned artsy, history programmes will fit into this rich -fare....
      bong ching

Comment

• Petrushka
        • Nov 2010

I hardly watch any television apart from Saturday afternoon racing but it just so happens I recorded 'Gideon's Way' at 20.00 on Tuesday on Talking Pictures (channel 81) mostly for the nostalgia invoked from remembering the original run in the mid 1960s. There was some quality stuff in those days and there are plenty of channels outside of the BBC and ITV if you really must watch TV.

There used to be a Saturday morning children's programme on BBC1 called 'Why Don't You Switch off Your Television Set and Do Something Less Boring Instead?' It was good advice then, it's even better advice now!
        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

'Taskmaster' is on Channel 4 tonight, eighth - I have taken the good, ok, and terrible seasons of this over the years, but this present incarnation is the best yet...and it's new. Loving it! Mike Wozniack, whoever he is, is fast becoming my new TV hero...along with Jared Harris, that is.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
            I hardly watch any television apart from Saturday afternoon racing but it just so happens I recorded 'Gideon's Way' at 20.00 on Tuesday on Talking Pictures (channel 81) mostly for the nostalgia invoked from remembering the original run in the mid 1960s. There was some quality stuff in those days and there are plenty of channels outside of the BBC and ITV if you really must watch TV.

There used to be a Saturday morning children's programme on BBC1 called 'Why Don't You Switch off Your Television Set and Do Something Less Boring Instead?' It was good advice then, it's even better advice now!
            ....I do ....I worked at Beeb Bristol when that was made....

john....
            bong ching

Comment

• kernelbogey
              • Nov 2010

I'm waiting, with scarcely concealed impatience, for the Yesterday Channel to show Michael Portillo Rides Hitler's Personal Train From Berlin to Berchtesgaden.

Comment

• Petrushka
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
                I'm waiting, with scarcely concealed impatience, for the Yesterday Channel to show Michael Portillo Rides Hitler's Personal Train From Berlin to Berchtesgaden.
                We used to have a long-standing family friend (originally German/Polish) whose father worked as a signalman on the Deutsche Reichsbahn. One of his responsibilities was to change the signals on the frequent occasions when Hitler's personal train passed through. There's definitely a Portillo programme in it!
                "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                  ....I feel fain to say that Tues 20th of April 2021 evening was not a good night for TV on BBC 1/2/4, itv1, C4....to the menders, benders , fettlers, mould making braizers and skives I apologise for this must have been hearty TV beef for you....

BBC1: 2245hr Glow Up: Britains Next Make-up Star....1/8....a competition to cleverly put colourful muck on different peoples faces....

BBC2 : 1830hrs Saved and Remade.....a programme where members of the public hope the BBC will subsidise petty project they are too lazy and too skill impoverished to do themselves.....

200hrs All that Glitters : Britains Next Jewellry Star....2/6 competition for horologisto, gemologist, lapidarians, siversmiths to run around....
                  2100hrs Make-Up : a Glamourous History....1/3....more make-up stuff from a different perpective (possibly Historical)....

BBC4 world Snooker.....A303: Highway to the Sun (being repeated for the 704th time....

ITV1 : Repeated Cooking programmes,repeated celebrity Trip programmes....repeated gameshow.....repeated programmes about trains stations

2100hrs Snackmasters....clever cooks with Tv cameraderie remake Shreddies. Plus another chance for Fred Sirleix to be convivial....
                  2200hrs Naked Attraction....New Series.....same sort of plucked, tattooed, studded nutters
                  You couldn't make it up.

(I'll get my pink jacket).

Comment

• vinteuil
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                    You couldn't make it up.

... huntin' pink?

(I was always tickled that hunting pink was actually - red, whereas red tape is actually - pink... )

Comment

• kernelbogey
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                      We used to have a long-standing family friend (originally German/Polish) whose father worked as a signalman on the Deutsche Reichsbahn. One of his responsibilities was to change the signals on the frequent occasions when Hitler's personal train passed through. There's definitely a Portillo programme in it!
                      It was also reported, in another tv programme - so it must be true! - that the Fuehrer, at least towards the end of the war, travelled only at night; and when his train came to Berlin it was routed via less damaged areas, lest he see the damage he had brought about.

Fortunately, in Berchtesgaden, there was always nice cake and Eva....

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                        • Nov 2010

....some might like to know there is an evening of Nazis' on from 2100 - 0115hrs BBC4 tonight....
                        bong ching

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                          You couldn't make it up.

Well why would you want to?

Comment

• DoctorT

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post

Just the same high quality as every other night then

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
                              • Apr 2014

If you are interested in the reasons why ..

page 79 of this OFCOM report shows that spend by the UK Public sector broadcasters on UK abased programming fell from 3.4 billion to 2.7 billion in 2019. The report outlines some of the reasons - cuts to the licence fee and decline in ad revenues among them. There is not enough money around to fill the ITV, BBC ,C4 and C5 channels with original content every night of the week

Comment

Working...
                              X