Which are the best Classical Music magazines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ferretfancy
    • Nov 2010

The idea of the Gramophone being swallowed up by Classic FM mag reminds me of Dorothy Parker' comment when told that Calvin Coolidge had died. " How could they tell? ' she said.

Comment

• MickyD
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Ferretfancy View Post
      The idea of the Gramophone being swallowed up by Classic FM mag reminds me of Dorothy Parker' comment when told that Calvin Coolidge had died. " How could they tell? ' she said.

Comment

• barber olly

Originally posted by MarkG View Post
        The BBC is selling off its magazines, including, presumably, BBC MM.

Private equity firm Exponent to take over 34 titles including Top Gear, Radio Times and Gardeners' World. By Mark Sweney

I wonder what the long-term future is for printed music magazines? In tough times could Gramophone be swallowed up by Classic FM mag, particularly as they are both owned by Haymarket?
        I wonder if the sell-off of BBC MM could herald the end of its greatest selling point ie new CD recording.

Comment

• Chris Newman
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by barber olly View Post
          I wonder if the sell-off of BBC MM could herald the end of its greatest selling point ie new CD recording.
          My fear also.

Comment

• Roehre

Originally posted by Chris Newman View Post
            My fear also.

Which would mean: exit BBC-MM for me, and I am afraid I am not the only one

Comment

Working...
            X