X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Belgrove
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
    Interesting comments from Simon Hughes on TV just now. The extreme number of wickets falling was not only down to spin with 18 of the 30 wickets being lbw or bowled. He thought batsmen wre confused because the varnish on the pink ball was causing it to skid through, so not taking spin and coming though faster than expected.
    Pink ball matches have produced a number of anomalous results. This is especially unsatisfactory for an international Test.

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Heldenleben View Post
      I would have thought leading the charge will be the broadcasters who have paid a fortune for this farce ...
      ...or the SPONSORS and ADVERTISERS who must be absolutely fuming, plus the ground authorities / interests inside expecting crowds!

Comment

• Ein Heldenleben
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
        ...or the SPONSORS and ADVERTISERS who must be absolutely fuming, plus the ground authorities / interests inside expecting crowds!
        Not to mention the armchair supporters who had built their entire weekends classical music listening around a four/ five day test...

Comment

• antongould
          • Nov 2010

It seems but a few short weeks ago we were going to be World Number 1 and had already won the Ashes ..... wonderful game cricket .....

Comment

• DracoM
            Host
            • Mar 2007

And is England now OUT of the Test Match World Series?

Comment

• Belgrove
              • Nov 2010

Poor Dom Bess, he’ll need some sympathetic counselling after that performance - Test cricket is a brutal game. Stuffing the side with ‘batsmen’ backfired, poor Stokes got bowled into the ground yesterday.

The main plus from this series for me has been Lawrence (despite the poor shot selection on getting out in the first innings). He bats at three for Essex, so why not try him out there in the summer? England’s openers are a major concern. The next Test is over here against NZ, so at least their deficiencies to spin bowling won’t be exposed.

India are here for the second series. Can the Empire Strike Back?

Comment

• Historian
                • Aug 2012

And is England now OUT of the Test Match World Series?
                They were out after the last test, needed a clear two match margin of success in the series against India. So, New Zealand vs. India (or vice versa as it's in this country).

Comment

• muzzer
                  • Nov 2013

Red ball central contracts for England pay a minimum of £700k p.a.

Just sayin’

Comment

• antongould
                    • Nov 2010

Nice to see Chris Rushworth break the first-class wickets for Durham record today and how much, as a local lad, it obviously meant to him .....

Comment

• DracoM
                      Host
                      • Mar 2007

AND tell me how many times did this super-skilful multi-wicket taker / player turn out for England............?
                      Yes, massive congrats to him.

Comment

• antongould
                        • Nov 2010

AND tell me how many times did this super-skilful multi-wicket taker / player turn out for England............?
                        Yes, massive congrats to him.
                        I think you know the answer Draco - his first-class wickets have come at 22 Steven Finn’s at 28 ..... but oh look he plays for Middlesex ......

Comment

• mikealdren
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                          I think you know the answer Draco - his first-class wickets have come at 22 Steven Finn’s at 28 ..... but oh look he plays for Middlesex ......
                          Well they had to give Finn a chance - how many fast bowlers have come from the home counties in recent years?

PS I was born in County Durham too.

Comment

• antongould
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by mikealdren View Post
                            Well they had to give Finn a chance - how many fast bowlers have come from the home counties in recent years?

PS I was born in County Durham too.
                            Very true look at John Warr Test bowling average ........ 281 ...... !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X