Overseas connection problems: bbc stage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • forestlight
    • Jun 2024

Overseas connection problems: bbc stage?

I started to listen to TTN and something called BBC stage popped up. It won't let me listen until I sign in. Is this more harassment? I never heard of this thing and there doesn't seem to be any route to signing up. Confused!?
    forestlight
  • MickyD
    • Nov 2010

Connection problems

I've come up against a new problem this morning trying to connect to R3 on the internet - a panel asks me for my name and password to the enter the BBC "Staging Server", whatever that is. Is this because I am trying to connect from outside the UK? I've never had any such message before, but it is proving impossible for me to connect. Can anyone who is geekier than me help?

Comment

• salymap
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

I got the usual R3 page MickyD, even to the Breakfast schedule not being there. Think it must be because of where you are. Good Luck.

Comment

• doversoul1
        Ex Member
        • Dec 2010

MickyD

Someone else has the same problem:’ bbc stage?’ on Play List board. S/he seems to be absed in the US.

I hope it will be sorted out soon.

Comment

• salymap
          Late member
          • Nov 2010

Hi forestlight. Look at Platform 3 where another overseas poster seems to be having the same trouble. Wish I could help you but it seems only a BBC person can do that.

Hope it soon gets sorted, seems alright in the UK. Best wishes

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

It may be connected with Latest News here (Live Radio Content – Why am I being requested to provide a username and password?), though they don't mention overseas listeners. If the situation continues, report it on that site and see what they say.
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• forestlight

Thanks all for your replies. Yes, I am located in US and I will contact BBC. forestlight

Comment

• MickyD
                • Nov 2010

Thanks for the feedback, folks. I have to say that when I tried to connect again some ten minutes later, the panel asking for this mysterious password disappeared and I was able to listen again as usual. It hasn't happened since, I'm glad to say.

Comment

Working...
                X