X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Padraig
    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
    Not sure if this is the best thread, but never mind....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75bN...ature=youtu.be
    This is the best thread. Brilliant. All brilliant - I pick out the off beat violin accompaniment - tribute to Louis Armstrong?

Comment

• eighthobstruction
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
      Wonderful.
      bong ching

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
        That was lovely. Some really fine voices among that lot, and the pros were throttling back!

I'm intrigued how this is actually done. Maybe this should be on the Techie board,but I have a few questions:

1. How does the master editor compile all the individual contributions?
        2, How does the master arranger (parts, key changes, etc) send all the music in advance?
        3. How to the participants synchronise? OK I know they're using their phones, but often there is a delay of varying lengths.

It's something we'd like to do with our family, but haven't the faintest idea how to set about it.
        Ed: arcarp, I guess you ask someone much younger....usually does the trick for me....
        bong ching

Comment

• johncorrigan
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gradus View Post
          Heart-warming John, thanks for posting it.
          Thanks, gradus, but it was our Irish buddy, Padraig, who posted it, and very good it was.

Comment

• LMcD
            • Sep 2017

I'm pleased to see that Waitrose and Liverpool FC have seen the error of their ways and reversed earlier virus-related decisions affecting their employees.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
              • Nov 2010

....ah lovely.....my step son on Panarama this week as a Carer for people in Calderdale....
              bong ching

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                ....ah lovely.....my step son on Panarama this week as a Carer for people in Calderdale....

They do say one is but a few contacts away from somebody famous.

Comment

• Quarky
                  • Dec 2010

One positive effect of Lockdown. I've discovered that it's possible to pay for a stamp for a letter via Royal Mail online. Just print out a label and stick it on the envelope (sorry if you knew that already).

Now all I've got to do is find a letter box I can trust.......

Comment

• LMcD
                    • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Quarky View Post
                    One positive effect of Lockdown. I've discovered that it's possible to pay for a stamp for a letter via Royal Mail online. Just print out a label and stick it on the envelope (sorry if you knew that already).

I've been using this facility for quite a while. Much better than waiting in line or popping out to a shop, especially if - as is usually the case for me - one only needs one stamp.

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                      I've been using this facility for quite a while. Much better than waiting in line or popping out to a shop, especially if - as is usually the case for me - one only needs one stamp.
                      Usually I call on Mrs C’s book of 2nd class!

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
                        • Apr 2007

Why should you not trust letterboxes? One reason locally is a box where snails get in and eat holes in your missive, particularly over a weekend!
                        I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• Quarky
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
                          Why should you not trust letterboxes? One reason locally is a box where snails get in and eat holes in your missive, particularly over a weekend!
                          Haven't come across that problem before!

My main fear is that, with reduction in service, if I post into a local post box, it may be quite a while before it's picked up. But if I drive to the main Office in St. Albans, well, that's next door to the Magistrates Courts.....

Comment

• Cockney Sparrow
                            • Jan 2014

Haven't come across that problem before!

My main fear is that, with reduction in service, if I post into a local post box, it may be quite a while before it's picked up. But if I drive to the main Office in St. Albans, well, that's next door to the Magistrates Courts.....
                            Even better, use the postbox at the RM Delivery Office at Brick Knoll Park, Ashley Rd, St Albans AL1 5BB

Comment

• Quarky
                              • Dec 2010

Many thanks - much obliged.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                                • Dec 2010

Unable to find eggs at all on a 5 mile round supernmarket cycle trip yesterday, I posted an email to the other residents on our informal internal network asking if anybody knew of a place where they could be obtained. Within an hour one resident had knocked on my door and left a couple of eggs to tide me over the weekend, and another neighbour supplied me with half a dozen, insisting, "No, I don't want any money. We can settle that up in good time"! What wonderful people I have living nearby.

Comment

Working...
                                X