X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anastasius
    • Mar 2015

Of chalk and cheese ..

My wife of some 40+ years and an ardent Radio 4 listener (but less so these days) mentioned that she'd listened to Private Passions but found that she'd skipped over the music. I realised that I'd always skipped over the speech.

Surprised we're still together !
    Fewer Smart things. More smart people.
  • oddoneout
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Anastasius View Post
    My wife of some 40+ years and an ardent Radio 4 listener (but less so these days) mentioned that she'd listened to Private Passions but found that she'd skipped over the music. I realised that I'd always skipped over the speech.

Worked for Jack Sprat!

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
      Worked for Jack Sprat!
      I usually just skip Private Passions!

Comment

• LMcD
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Anastasius View Post

We've reached the stage where, increasingly, we realize that our memories comprise (a) things we both remember and (b) things only one of us remembers. The problem is category (c) which comprises things we've both forgotten (as far as we know).

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
          We've reached the stage where, increasingly, we realize that our memories comprise (a) things we both remember and (b) things only one of us remembers. The problem is category (c) which comprises things we've both forgotten (as far as we know).
          Be positive, many things are worth forgetting, but looks like you’ve got ‘memory almost full’ syndrome!

Comment

• Pulcinella
            Host
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
            Funny the things that both remember; ours is a 'cheese' memory so appropriate here.
            A meal in a Fawlty Towers like hotel in the Lake District (jacket and tie required) where there was only one stick of celery in the jar that went round with the cheeseboard. We can't see a bunch of celery now without smiling at the reaction when we asked if there was any more. There wasn't.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
              Funny the things that both remember; ours is a 'cheese' memory so appropriate here.
              A meal in a Fawlty Towers like hotel in the Lake District (jacket and tie required) where there was only one stick of celery in the jar that went round with the cheeseboard. We can't see a bunch of celery now without smiling at the reaction when we asked if there was any more. There wasn't.
              Celery with cheese (well, celery with anything, really), yuk!

Grapes, apple slices and a good chutney with cheese for me.

Oh, and a glass of a rich red, of course.

OG

Comment

• pastoralguy
                • Nov 2010

I continue in my quest to have Mrs. PG appreciate Bartok. I fear it's a lost cause!

Comment

Working...
                X