• Jonathan
    • Mar 2007

RIP Stanley, condolences to his family.
    Best regards,
    Jonathan

Comment

• Constantbee
      • Jul 2017

Sorry to hear that. Condolences to the family, and thanks for letting the forum know
      And the tune ends too soon for us all

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Stanley sent me a copy of a CD when I queried whether my own copy had unwanted background noise. I was very grateful for that at the time. He will be missed.

Stanley RIP

Comment

• alywin
          • Apr 2011

Another recipient of several DVDs from Stanley here - he was always very generous, and will be greatly missed. Please pass on my condolences to his family.

Comment

• hmvman
            • Mar 2007

Stanley's funeral will be held on Wednesday, February 26th at 1.40pm at York Crematorium. Here's a link to the notice in the York Press: https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/announce...ANLEY_STEWART/

Thank you for all your kind messages. I will pass on your condolences to Stanley's family.

I, too, was the recipient of many DVD and CD copies made for me by Stanley. It'll be nice to think of him as I watch/listen to them.

Comment

• hmvman
              • Mar 2007

Said goodbye to Stanley today. Four of us from York Recorded Music Society attended. Stanley's family asked me to pass on their thanks for all your messages of condolence.

Comment

• Don Basilio
                • Nov 2010

Stanley Stewart

This is probably old news, but I have only just heard. Apologies if this is the wrong place to post

I sent Stanley Stewart a Christmas card. I have just had a letter from his niece to say he died on 1 February 2020 in York Hospital. She has only just been allowed into his bungalow and clear his papers, where she found my card. The police were called and broke into his flat and found him “on the floor surrounded by his papers, records, cd’s and DVD’s”.

He was very lovely and I am so glad I met him in York some years ago.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                  Host
                  • Feb 2014

Don

Unfortunately, this thread seems to have passed you by.

I only moved to York in 2017, and never got round to meeting him.

(Perhaps a host can now merge both these posts with the old thread, and possibly even delete this one.)

Comment

• french frank
                    Administrator/Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Now merged. All tributes now can be (re)read.
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Working...
                    X