• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aka Calum Da Jazbo
    Late member
    • Nov 2010

India Tour Test Series 2011

..the first test is now interesting, a challenge in place for the Indian batting v the England attack tomorrow and the rehabilitation of Peterson ... now hooked on the commentary ... Peterson gets hid double ton in style! England declare for half an hour of attacking the tired Indian batsmen ....
    Last edited by aka Calum Da Jazbo; 22-07-11, 18:25. Reason: Peterson 202 and declaration
    According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.
  • Anna

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
    ..... now hooked on the commentary ...
    You and me Calum, even if you are not really interested in cricket the commentary is so marvellous isn't it? Truly addictive stuff.

Edit The sun slips behind a cottonwool cloud as Anderson pins Mukund on the back foot. Two tucked away off the pads, and then two more as the batsman jabs down on a late swinger. Ball not doing huge amounts at the moment, and the track not much either. There's time.

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

..the first test is now interesting, a challenge in place for the Indian batting v the England attack tomorrow and the rehabilitation of Peterson ... now hooked on the commentary ... Peterson gets hid double ton in style! England declare for half an hour of attacking the tired Indian batsmen ....

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
        Late member
        • Nov 2010

it's a good batting wicket init and the England attack are not dominant ....

..been reading this while listening to the commentary
        According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• amateur51

it's a good batting wicket init and the England attack are not dominant ....

..been reading this while listening to the commentary
          Michael Vaughan and Henry Blofeld chatting away just now, Tendulkar & Dravid motoring along nicely, giving a Test batting masterclass. MV says how much he'd like Tendulkar to get his maiden century at Lord's. Blowers replies 'I think I'd like to have it at both ends'

Is his mouth insured?

Oh dear! - Tendulkar's out c Swann b Broad 34!!

Comment

• burning dog
            • Dec 2010

Last summer during a rain break the 'chaps' had a conversation about whether there was composer called J S Strauss. Apt they are no longer on R3...

PS 'Blowers' wasn't there. I think he'd have known

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by burning dog View Post
              Last summer during a rain break the 'chaps' had a conversation about whether there was composer called J S Strauss. Apt they are no longer on R3...

PS 'Blowers' wasn't there. I think he'd have known

Blowers was probably at school with him, surely

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                Late member
                • Nov 2010

India all out for 286, England now face a tricky 15 minutes before close of play ...shame Broad did not get his five wickets, sounds like he has bowled very well and suffered two dropped catches ...

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post

Comment

• mangerton
                    • Nov 2010

Here's one for us, scotty, and I think EdgeleyRob too.

Anyone else care to join us?

For everyone who has ever decried "I'd rather watch paint drying", here is your chance to prove it. I thought I would put the statement to the test. If you s...
                    Last edited by mangerton; 24-07-11, 09:11. Reason: correct link

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                      Late member
                      • Nov 2010

big day for the England batting, let's hope that the depleted Indian bowling can give them a hard time and maintain the high quality of the match so far .... on the whole i prefer to watch trees grow to watching paint dry ... better atmosphere ....

Comment

• aeolium
                        • Nov 2010

Would Pietersen have got 200 if Yuvraj instead of Raina had been playing, Calum? Yuvraj seems to get him out for fun whenever I've seen them on opposing sides.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by aeolium View Post
                          Would Pietersen have got 200 if Yuvraj instead of Raina had been playing, Calum? Yuvraj seems to get him out for fun whenever I've seen them on opposing sides.
                          It was good to listen to Pietersen explain his exaggerated off-side moves at the end of the coverage on Channel 5. He said that he was seeking eliminate the possibility of his being caught lbw. This tells me that he has listened to advice and has learned from it, which is encouraging from one so naturally gifted. The man has a brain as well as an ego and innate talent ! Bravo Pietersen!

Comment

• aeolium
                            • Nov 2010

I still think he should have been given out on 49 - that was surely a genuine catch by Dravid. When they have TV referrals to determine whether catches have carried or not, there should be an assumption that they have unless there is clear evidence that the ball has hit the ground. Most of the commentators watching thought it was a definite catch.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                              Late member
                              • Nov 2010

don't know aeolium, mebbe KP was fated to stagger into his pomp yesterday ... one swallow and summers make etc!

amateur51 - saw the interview and was unconvinced, he has the credibility of a real chancer .... when the mojo is with him he is invincible and when it is not he is pathetic, i am not at all sure that he has any idea why it comes and goes .... Stephen Jay Gould in his writings on Baseball was always sceptical of any causality in sport, arguing that most statistical outcomes were due to chance except for his hero Joe DiM ...blast Cook is out!

Comment

Working...
                              X