X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aeolium
    • Nov 2010

....cricket result great!
    But wouldn't you rather see a close game, Calum? I can hardly remember the last time we had a match that was not horribly one-sided (unlike the 2005 Ashes games which were all very tense, except the first one)
    Last edited by aeolium; 14-08-11, 10:43.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
      Late member
      • Nov 2010

yes much rather see a less one sided match, but they went No 1 and did play well .... over three tests i think they have knocked the fight out of the Indian side ...
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Message deleted by Eine Alpensinfonie
        Last edited by Eine Alpensinfonie; 14-08-11, 10:21.

Comment

• mangerton
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Simon View Post
          All's well that ends well. No 1 Test Side in the World.

Quite. Arrests made for three murders, buildings burned down, businesses destroyed, a cost of millions to repair all the damage, hundreds arrested for looting.

But England are Top Cricketing Nation.

So that's all right then.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

not in that context Mangerton, but the test series was scheduled and the riots weren't, and in any case this place was stinking mess before the riots .... in the context of cricket it is a triumph, i do not suppose that the joy any of us take in it is anything other than that simple really .... but the quality of team building and preparation that has been accomplished might be an inspiration for the awesome challenge of rebuilding our society .... this was not a side of flash individuals hell bent on personal success and devil taake the hindmost .... but an engaged group of individuals with an ethos of work, preparation, cooperation and mutual support .... their success was achieved through a substantial investment in developing young talent ... something of value in that eh?
            According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
              • Nov 2010

Usual thing...England forwards on a cllective ego trip, trying to walk over the Welsh pack, slowing ball and making the three-quarters lay flat....unfortunately forgetting there are 15 players on the field not 8....
              bong ching

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Do people think that the other teams, eg rugby and football, could emulate and learn from the cricketers?
                Don’t cry for me
                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Panjandrum

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                  Do people think that the other teams, eg rugby and football, could emulate and learn from the cricketers?
                  Care to elaborate?

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                    • Nov 2010

I met Herbert Sutcliffes daughter this morning....while walking my dog....
                    bong ching

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                      Late member
                      • Nov 2010

..well if you listen to TMS, you can hear aggers interview David Cameron at 1600 during the tea interval ... maybe 1610
                      Last edited by aka Calum Da Jazbo; 19-08-11, 15:22.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
                        ..well if you listen to TMS, you can hear aggers interview David Cameron at 1600 during the tea interval ... maybe 1610
                        Cameron has to get in his plug about "academies" as though they are a good thing, rather than the result of a small minority of head teachers falling for a government bribe. It will all end in tears, for just about everyone involved.

Comment

• aka Calum Da Jazbo
                          Late member
                          • Nov 2010

not the test please! ... Gove and his cronies can cry over schools all they can ....

...thought DC was quite chummy on the whole ... speaking elsewhere of jammy dodgers Pietersen has just been dropped ... mind you he has his ton

Comment

• gurnemanz
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                            Years ago with my children at the playground in Bristol Zoo I chatted to the great Tom Graveney who was there with his grandchildren.

Comment

• Simon

Cameron has to get in his plug about "academies" as though they are a good thing, rather than the result of a small minority of head teachers falling for a government bribe. It will all end in tears, for just about everyone involved.
                              Oh, good - that's all clear then. I was wondering about it all. One of our local schools is just about to become an Academy, according to the local paper. It has an excellent reputation and the Head, whom I know slightly, is of great experience and is generally considered to be efficient and competent - and a very nice chap into the bargain.

How sad, then, that he's been stupid enough to "fall" for a "bribe". Alomg with, I suppose, all his governing body.

I must ring the school and tell him to visit us on here and ask for an elaboration of Eine Alpensingfonie's wise advice, drawn, I'm sure, from vast experience and wide knowledge...

Comment

• scottycelt

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                                I once met David Lloyd ('Bumble' to his friends) in my local pub about five years ago. He didn't know me so the meeting never got going really ...

Comment

Working...
                                X