Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinteuil
    • Nov 2010

... wasn't there a time when the 'Ach wie flüchtig' movement from Walton's 'The Wise Virgins' was used?

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by LezLee View Post
      Lefébure-Wély Sortie in E Flat

Great piece, but a bit full on in the morning!

Perhaps it depends whether one wishes to gradually wake up/warm up into the day, or start energetically. Also this piece is a bit long for this purpose.

Comment

• LMcD
        • Sep 2017

I've just checked my recording of 'Job', and it was the Pavane Of The Sons Of The Morning that was used back in, I think, the early 1970s. If memory serves, a movement from a William Boyce symphony was also used at one time.
        Although it would be nice if Radio 4 started up with 'Tweet Of The Day', it's actually the 4th item of the day, following: 0520 Shipping Forecast; 0530 News Briefing; 0545 Farming Today.

Comment

• Pulcinella
          Host
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
          I've just checked my recording of 'Job', and it was the Pavane Of The Sons Of The Morning that was used back in, I think, the early 1970s. If memory serves, a movement from a William Boyce symphony was also used at one time.
          Although it would be nice if Radio 4 started up with 'Tweet Of The Day', it's actually the 4th item of the day, following: 0520 Shipping Forecast; 0530 News Briefing; 0545 Farming Today.

I think we also had at least some of the preceding (predominantly violin solo) movement, Elihu's dance of youth and beauty.

Comment

• LMcD
            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post

I think we also had at least some of the preceding (predominantly violin solo) movement, Elihu's dance of youth and beauty.

Comment

• Zucchini
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by doversoul1 View Post
              That is really, really gorgeous (Watched 1st 15 mins - will continue one day)
              Last edited by Zucchini; 08-08-19, 19:33.

Comment

• Mal
                • Dec 2016

Elgar's Nimrod?

Comment

• LMcD
                  • Sep 2017

Apparently a favourite among Brexiteers is The Animals 'We Gotta Get Out Of This Place'.
                  UPDATE: The Vaughan Williams 'Pavane' was featured on today's 'Breakfast', apparently as an example of music relating to sirens.
                  Last edited by LMcD; 09-08-19, 08:43.

Comment

• Mal
                    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                    Apparently a favourite among Brexiteers is The Animals 'We Gotta Get Out Of This Place'.
                    Needs a classical equivalent - Shostakovitch Quartet 8?

Comment

Working...
                    X