X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Relative Humidity

Over the last few days I've noticed increasing relative humidity indoors, and it's now up to around 60% I tried using a dehumidifier, which sometimes works very well, but today it doesn't seem to function well at all.

Looking at sites such as this one - https://www.metcheck.com/WEATHER/now...n=-0.1&GL=MULT - suggests that the outside humidity has increased significantly in the last week, so it's hardly surprising that the internal humidity has risen, or that the dehumidifer has been unable to modify this. It also seems that it's not just a localised issue, as several places in the UK are showing similar patterns.
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

It is true that the relative humidity was 63% here at SE19 at 3 pm today, so I would imagine there to be a close approximation where you are Dave, which is not so far from me, if I'm not mistaken. I was in quite a sweat just from cycling back from the local mini Tescos a mile away, despite the air temperature being a mere 21C. Obviously any cooking involving steaming or boiling would increase that level indoors, but I'm not sure anything is to be done about it, apart from opening windows and doors to let the cooler evening air ventilate indoors, so at least you import cooler if still humid, or even more humid night time conditions - the problem being that you also import flying creepie-crawlies, including mosquitoes!

Comment

Working...
    X