X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
    Difficult to arrange a FedEx (as recommended by a solicitor in the Bahamas) collection for a package to be sent there yesterday as the delivery address form to be filled in didn't accept that they don't have postcodes.
    The Chatbot kept directing to the website: no help at all.
    Impossible to speak to a real person.
    Eventually tricked the system into believing that there's a package to be sent, so just hope that the driver can sort it all out, if one turns up!
    And I thought the algorhythms that now drive our inconveniences knew everything there is to know in the universe!

Comment

• Pulcinella
      Host
      • Feb 2014

Maybe I need to post this on the Good News thread instead.
      It got collected.
      The driver seemed a little bemused to have four copies of the label (well, we only printed out the PDF file that their system generated; not our fault!) but at least took the package away.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
        • Jan 2011

Stupid adverts on TV:

There's one advertising pet products for "pet parents everywhere".

Pet parents ...

... what's that aĺl about?

Comment

• smittims
          • Aug 2022

Not so much a grumble as a satirical chuckle:

Near where I live a big Gym has opened up and , if the number of cars parked outside it this morning at 8 am. is any guide, it's popular. These people get in their cars, drive to the gym, then pay to go on a walking machine , ignoring the fresh air and sunshine outside ,apparently unaware of the irony of the situation.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by smittims View Post
            Not so much a grumble as a satirical chuckle:

Near where I live a big Gym has opened up and , if the number of cars parked outside it this morning at 8 am. is any guide, it's popular. These people get in their cars, drive to the gym, then pay to go on a walking machine , ignoring the fresh air and sunshine outside ,apparently unaware of the irony of the situation.
            Maybe they imagine the air inside the gym to be purer than that outside!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
              Stupid adverts on TV:

Pet parents ...

They are almost all stupid now to pretend to any sort of credibility. This is just something else to add to a long and growing list of things that make me almost ashamed to be British. I am beginning to wonder if Putin's lot have slipped some kind of virus into the British advertising industry, in order to convince the public that they must be too stupid to buy the products advertised and thereby kill off our retail sector. Meanwhile the people working in the industry are either too busy laughing at their own "jokes", or too sozzled or high on substances to have noticed.

Comment

• oddoneout
                • Nov 2015

Stupid adverts on TV:

Pet parents ...

You got fur babies you're gonna have pet parents, stands to reason...

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Here's a programme on Channel 5 this coming Sunday that's undoubtedly going to get top viewing figures:

5pm - The Day the Queen Died: Minute by Minute

Comment

• Bryn
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                    Here's a programme on Channel 5 this coming Sunday that's undoubtedly going to get top viewing figures:

5pm - The Day the Queen Died: Minute by Minute

Any particular queen?

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post

Any particular queen?
                      Perhaps this one?

Freddie's beloved Yamaha baby grand piano was at the heart of his musical journey from 1975 to the end of his life. Here, with exclusive reminiscences from Mary Austin, we lift the lid on the wonderful story of Freddie's favourite musical instrument.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Perhaps this one?

Freddie's beloved Yamaha baby grand piano was at the heart of his musical journey from 1975 to the end of his life. Here, with exclusive reminiscences from Mary Austin, we lift the lid on the wonderful story of Freddie's favourite musical instrument.

I think they should just install it as a replacement for the vandalised one removed from outside Forest Hill "train station", and give the people a chance to also have a good bash on it.

Last edited by Serial_Apologist; 06-09-23, 14:09.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                          • Nov 2010

Well surely this will be a grumble or qualified elation depending on who you are and where you live....150 Ulez cameras vandalised to death...????
                          bong ching

Comment

• smittims
                            • Aug 2022

The irony about the 'day the Queen died' is that the late Queen herself would have thoroughly disapproved of such a programme. It really is a shameless milking of a 'media event' to rank with the exploitation of Jade Goody and others. .

Comment

• oddoneout
                              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
                              Well surely this will be a grumble or qualified elation depending on who you are and where you live....150 Ulez cameras vandalised to death...????
                              Community good according to some MPs it would seem
                              Investigating protest and criminal damage is apparently now a waste of police time. Funny that Conservatives didn’t say that about Just Stop Oil protests, says Guardian columnist Polly Toynbee

I wonder how many of those doing the damage are actually affected - ie have a non-compliant vehicle essential to their business or life(eg disabled transport) but not the means(as current "scrappage"/replacement payments are inadequate) to replace it? Just out of idle curiosity I checked whether my old car(08 reg) would pass or not, assuming it wouldn't, and was surprised to find it was OK, as was a whole list of other brands of similar age. It gets more difficult with diesel cars as the compliance date moves on significantly, but even so a great many motorists wouldn't have to change their cars immediately. A lot of this is solely and directly the result of the likes of the Sun, and online groups, manipulating the facts to whip up misdirected frenzy. A measure of their "success" is that a public meeting about planning matters in Thetford in Norfolk was disrupted by many of the audience having swallowed the anti-car hysteria, to include low traffic neighbourhoods and 20 minute walk zones in new developments(which isn't about banning cars at all) in their ranting, regardless of the fact that none of it exists currently in the county, nor is proposed. The people affected are those who have to travel outside the county to places like London, and disrupting a local planning meeting does nothing to address those difficulties.

Comment

• Jonathan
                                • Mar 2007

Idiots who put the air-conditioning on when the window is open. I would've ranted about this on Facebook however, I'm connected to most of my colleagues there and they'd see it
                                Best regards,
                                Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                                X