X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frances_iom
    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    I... A greyish (or maybe sandy coloured) card with a number which I think started MNGE xxx
    If born before the formation of the NHS you (or your parents) were issued with National Identity cards which were sandy coloured - no photos certainly for us infants - the war time regs were still in force when I was born shortly after the Japanese part of the war ended.

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Frances_iom View Post
      If born before the formation of the NHS you (or your parents) were issued with National Identity cards which were sandy coloured - no photos certainly for us infants - the war time regs were still in force when I was born shortly after the Japanese part of the war ended.
      Sounds like the one. I'm not sure where mine is now. Totally stupid, but having got this far I'd be sad to lose mine (again) - it reminds me slightly of history. It turned up in a previous house move (last but one) on the garage floor and the new owners found it and sent it back to us. No other reason to keep it though, other than some form of nostalgia. I'm guessing it's now in a box or a filing cabinet. However I just found my original Premium Bond - all £1's worth - another document which keeps disappearing then reemerging later.

Comment

• french frank
        Administrator/Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
        Sounds like the one. I'm not sure where mine is now. Totally stupid, but having got this far I'd be sad to lose mine (again) - it reminds me slightly of history.
        Hmm. I've found an old one - very pale buff colour (not quite white) with purple printing, issued 9/11/1995 just after I moved house. NHS number is quite different from my current one: the letters OBDF are followed by three numbers.

Wiki to the rescue https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHS_number
        Last edited by french frank; 11-07-22, 21:28.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Dave2002
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
          Hmm. I've found an old one - very pale buff colour (not quite white) with purple printing, issued 9/11/1995 just after I moved house. NHS number is quite different from my current one: the letters OBDF are followed by three numbers.

Wiki to the rescue https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHS_number
          That is interesting, though it seems that I have both a CHI number and an NHS number.

Perhaps people who don't live in Scotland or Northern Ireland only have NHS numbers.

I assume that my NHS and CHI number should remain permanently assigned to me, until I no longer need them :-(

It is, after all, still possible that I could relocate a few more times within the UK, even if it is becoming less likely.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Is it me, or does this ‘tweet’ just now reek of impoverishment and desperation?

I mean, doubtless a great recital (which I’d already flagged to listen to) but why the lame, pointless puff? …the summer intern doing R3 publicity could at least have copied & pasted details of the concert
            "...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
              Host
              • Nov 2010

It isn't just you.

And yet on the Facebook Radio 3 page, they hadn't even mentioned the Proms when I last looked.

Comment

• oddoneout
                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Nick Armstrong View Post

I mean, doubtless a great recital (which I’d already flagged to listen to) but why the lame, pointless puff? …the summer intern doing R3 publicity could at least have copied & pasted details of the concert
                It does rather give the impression of "oh **** we've forgotten to post, quick put something up" and grabbing whoever happened to be in the vicinity to just put up anything to show it's still alive!. Better to have left it slumbering in my view, along the lines of that old saying about fools and keeping your mouth shut.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                  It does rather give the impression of "oh **** we've forgotten to post, quick put something up" and grabbing whoever happened to be in the vicinity to just put up anything to show it's still alive!. Better to have left it slumbering in my view, along the lines of that old saying about fools and keeping your mouth shut.
                  Some Will Humphries type, probably. "Yeh cool!"

Comment

• oddoneout
                    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Eine Alpensinfonie View Post
                    It isn't just you.

And yet on the Facebook Radio 3 page, they hadn't even mentioned the Proms when I last looked.
                    !3th July.

Comment

• DracoM
                      Host
                      • Mar 2007

Proms Shosta 5th - end of slow movement - and that b*788^y Proms audience CLAPS.
                      Do they have NO SOUL or discretion? Good Grief!

Comment

• french frank
                        Administrator/Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

I thought the old "3" icon introduced in 2007 was quite clever with its musical references. The new one introduced this year reminds me of an upended McDonald's logo.

Originally posted by Nick Armstrong View Post

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

I thought the old "3" icon introduced in 2007 was quite clever with its musical references. The new one introduced this year reminds me of an upended McDonald's logo.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

I hadn’t noticed the change till today … but the logo in that image I included seemed so crass that I had to check it wasn’t a spoof account (the slack-brained message also tending to suggest it was a parody… )
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Bryn
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2007

A logo archive for BBC Radio 3 showing changes of logos and mastheads for this radio station

Comment

• kernelbogey
                                • Nov 2010

'A Big Alan, please.'

'Do you want music with that?'

Comment

Working...
                                X