Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muzzer
    • Nov 2013

Those new Dr Who monsters are really quite chilling. If I had a TARDIS for an afternoon I’d be straight back to Sony’s plugger office in 1989, and I’ll give you three guesses what I’d do.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Nick Armstrong View Post

Absolutely.

When accompanied by other attempted cosmetic “improvements”, the word ‘grotesque’ doesn’t begin to cover it…

Comment

• Petrushka
        • Nov 2010

Photos of the ugly mugs of Simon Cowell and Boris Johnson on the Forum this morning!

Can people please stop spoiling my day?
        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Joseph K
          Banned
          • Oct 2017

Well, my nose has cleared up - must have been the combined dust and pollen.

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
            With all that dusting, an allergy to dust mite faeces seems likely. A fairly common allergy.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
              I thought you were going to say as a consequence of the shock of the above image of Simon Cowell!

Comment

• Joseph K
                Banned
                • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                With all that dusting, an allergy to dust mite faeces seems likely. A fairly common allergy.

Comment

• Dave2002
                  • Dec 2010

British Airways: various - customer service - relocating car rentals for holidays to a location off LHR [previously in Terminal 5 - convenient!]. Prebooked car hire. BA don't always communicate the "correct" details to the car hire companies - and a pain to change. Off main airport rentals add an hour for both pickup and drop off - about 30 mins to get to the off site office - and often another 30 mins [extra] to drive there.

Comment

• Dave2002
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                    My first contribution to this thread: I don’t like really white teeth
                    Never read it. Has anyone here? Sorry - misread that as "I don't really like 'white teeth'" .

Comment

• Dave2002
                      • Dec 2010

And finally ....!!!

At long last I know - or at least have - an NHS number.

Online services useless - at least in so far as they relate to Scotland where I now live.

I've been trying for a long while to find out what my NHS number is for various reasons, such as submitting Covid test results.
                      Supposed to be easy, using sites such as this - https://www.nhs.uk/find-nhs-number/what-is-your-name

Doesn't work.

Suggestions that there is a 10 digit number on prescriptions - well there is - but no that's not it.

Finally tried again with online today, and got a message that my details didn't match my GP registration, so I rang the surgery.
                      I was given the number almost immediately and also a Community Health Index Number - which I recognised as that's the on I can see on prescriptions.

With many months since people may have had to be more concerned about such things, you'd imagine that there would be wider recognition of these issues, but clearly the online world doesn't deal with Scottish variants.

Indeed it does turn out that the NHS number is of the form XXX XXX XXXX - ten digits long.
                      The CHI number also ten digits, but contiguous and will appear under one's address on prescriptions in Scotland. It is not the NHS number need for some other services.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                        At long last I know - or at least have - an NHS number.

Online services useless - at least in so far as they relate to Scotland where I now live.

I've been trying for a long while to find out what my NHS number is for various reasons, such as submitting Covid test results.
                        Supposed to be easy, using sites such as this - https://www.nhs.uk/find-nhs-number/what-is-your-name

Doesn't work.

Suggestions that there is a 10 digit number on prescriptions - well there is - but no that's not it.

Finally tried again with online today, and got a message that my details didn't match my GP registration, so I rang the surgery.
                        I was given the number almost immediately and also a Community Health Index Number - which I recognised as that's the on I can see on prescriptions.

With many months since people may have had to be more concerned about such things, you'd imagine that there would be wider recognition of these issues, but clearly the online world doesn't deal with Scottish variants.

Indeed it does turn out that the NHS number is of the form XXX XXX XXXX - ten digits long.
                        The CHI number also ten digits, but contiguous and will appear under one's address on prescriptions in Scotland. It is not the NHS number need for some other services.
                        To misquote Descartes, You have an NHS number, therefore you are!

Comment

• french frank
                          Administrator/Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                          Right hand, left hand?

I have a continuous 10-digit "NHS number" just beneath my name on my prescription form. It's the same as the 10-digit "NHS number" on my NHS app, which just separates the numbers 3-3-4. But they are the same numbers. I accept that this is ... my NHS number.
                          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Petrushka
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                            Right hand, left hand?

I have a continuous 10-digit "NHS number" just beneath my name on my prescription form. It's the same as the 10-digit "NHS number" on my NHS app, which just separates the numbers 3-3-4. But they are the same numbers. I accept that this is ... my NHS number.
                            Aren't you given your NHS number at birth? Mine appears on prescriptions and communications such as appointment letters from hospitals. I even have my original medical record card given to my mother when I was a baby and it's on there.
                            "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• french frank
                              Administrator/Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                              Aren't you given your NHS number at birth?
                              I thought so. I didn't think it changed if you moved to Scotland (which I did)!
                              It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Dave2002
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                                Right hand, left hand?

In Scotland they don't seem to put the NHS number on prescriptions, but use the Community Health Index number [whatever that is ..] instead. Interesting that your NHS number appears as a continuous number on a prescription in England.

Re being given one at birth - maybe. Though I think I was also given other numbers which have since been superseded - such as a Social Security number which I think has been replaced by the National Insurance number. Somewhere I may still have the card - "historic document" which showed my number. A greyish (or maybe sandy coloured) card with a number which I think started MNGE xxx

Actually thinking about this slightly harder, I am older than the NHS - slightly - so maybe I wasn't given an NHS number at birth.
                                Last edited by Dave2002; 11-07-22, 16:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X