Banned
    • Oct 2017

I like crisps.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
      I like crisps.
      Me too. They contain many important food groups.

Worcester Sauce, and Thai Sweet Chilli are especially good, but the old classics, ( S and V and C and O ) are hard to beat.

Ready salted dipped in mayo..........
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Rjw
        • Oct 2012

Walkers?

Comment

• Edgy 2
          • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Rjw View Post
          Walkers?
          Walkers Marmite flavour,best crisps ever
          “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• LHC
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
            Walkers Marmite flavour,best crisps ever
            Their new Katsu Curry crisps are good.
            "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
            Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

• Bryn
              Banned
              • Mar 2007

Bring back Smiths with the salt wrapped in blue waxed paper.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

You're all taking the p***!!!

The thing is, potato crisps and like fattening high salt and cholesterol raising foods do not and should not need advertising, particularly on prime pester time TV.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

The thing is, potato crisps and like fattening high salt and cholesterol raising foods do not and should not need advertising, particularly on prime pester time TV.
                  Yes,yes, but seriously, what's your favourite ?
                  Pie and Mash flavour might be good.....

( I'd ping an email off to Keir Starmer if I were you, S-A, he'll sort it all out. The advertising, not the flavours.)
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    Yes,yes, but seriously, what's your favourite ?
                    Pie and Mash flavour might be good.....

( I'd ping an email off to Keir Starmer if I were you, S-A, he'll sort it all out. The advertising, not the flavours.)
                    They changed the recipe on my favourites, paprika flavour from a brand name I now forget, adding sour cream to the ingredients, which ruined the taste. I wrote off to complain, and they thanked me for my helpful email and bombarded me with reduced price quantities of the new product, for months!!!

Comment

• Dave2002
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                      I like crisps.
                      So do we.

We also like tortilla chips and lentil crisps - so maybe the grumbling could be diverted to those as well!
                      Someone mentioned marmite () crisps - so think about Twiglets too. Exorbitant prices on those nowadays.

Comment

• oddoneout
                        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

The laudable aim of controlling advertising of junk food was always going to be rather difficult, given the power wielded by the firms involved, but has now run aground on the Covid-19 loss of advertising revenue which means TV companies aren't going to be in a position to dictate terms. Government won't act if it affects money going to 'good' causes (whether personal or party) - vide the placing of Just Eat and fast food ads immediately after the government anti-obesity ads.

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                          Bring back Smiths with the salt wrapped in blue waxed paper.
                          And the Oxo flavoured!

Comment

• Joseph K
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                            So do we.

We also like tortilla chips and lentil crisps - so maybe the grumbling could be diverted to those as well!
                            Someone mentioned marmite () crisps - so think about Twiglets too. Exorbitant prices on those nowadays.
                            Twiglets are very tasty - and not un-nutritious either. Every other day for lunch I have sandwiches with a portion of twiglets and some crisps.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                              • Nov 2010

I have to say that one of my favourite features on the BBC is Radcliffe and Maconie's 'Crisps on the Radio' where people send in packets of crisps from all over the world and R&M have to try to identify them...the other week they had chocolate and coffee crisps, for example. On one occasion they had a packet from somewhere in South East Asia which they both agreed was their worst ever culinary experience and which were, I seem to recall, 'Egg' flavoured. Apart from the taste, they said the smell was noxious. They couldn't get the flavour out of their mouth for the rest of the show...which is why I will never eat Porky Scratchings ever again...many years ago in Cardiff I had a packet when out drinking, and apart from getting a bit of hair stuck between my teeth, the taste came back on me for four days...never again!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                                The laudable aim of controlling advertising of junk food was always going to be rather difficult, given the power wielded by the firms involved, but has now run aground on the Covid-19 loss of advertising revenue which means TV companies aren't going to be in a position to dictate terms. Government won't act if it affects money going to 'good' causes (whether personal or party) - vide the placing of Just Eat and fast food ads immediately after the government anti-obesity ads.
                                Good points, which hadn't occurred to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X