X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LMcD
    • Sep 2017

BBC = OTT

The BBC sent AT LEAST 3 people to Madrid to cover the European Cup final, with Clive Myrie as 'head honcho', a second reporter with the fans in the city centre and a third in the vicinity of the stadium. Heaven knows how many they've allocated to cover His Magnificence's visit!
  • muzzer
    • Nov 2013

Praps they’ll be kind enough to mention the impact on the environment of the fleet of Osprey helicopters ferrying the gibbon from Stansted to Regents Park. The rotors oscillate at precisely the right speed to cause all the windows in all the houses to shake for ten minutes or so. There have been two yes two practice runs already, as there were on the last visit. Nothing of course to what he will shortly be doing to the NHS.

Comment

• teamsaint
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
      The BBC sent AT LEAST 3 people to Madrid to cover the European Cup final, with Clive Myrie as 'head honcho', a second reporter with the fans in the city centre and a third in the vicinity of the stadium. Heaven knows how many they've allocated to cover His Magnificence's visit!
      Could have put the money towards actually having live coverage of some matches.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

It always annoys me when something happening locally is brilliantly covered by the local BBC Spotlight news gatherers and then the BBC decide to send someone nationally to cover it again. Surely the current technology could have transmitted to transmission control. The recent Hattie the Cat was a good example of this, as was last years floods at Coverack.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
          • Nov 2010

....News + Sport coverage....out of control and proportion....Yep
          bong ching

Comment

• LMcD
            • Sep 2017

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            It always annoys me when something happening locally is brilliantly covered by the local BBC Spotlight news gatherers and then the BBC decide to send someone nationally to cover it again. Surely the current technology could have transmitted to transmission control. The recent Hattie the Cat was a good example of this, as was last years floods at Coverack.
            At the time of the London Road murders in Ipswich, a report in the BBC News At Ten by a chap sent down from London was followed by a report in 'Look East' in which a local reporter who had been on site all day was interviewed by another local reporter who'd been sent down just for the local bulletin at 2235.
            And I've NEVER understood why reporting of a political story is improved by having the main newsreader standing outside No. 10 or on College Green while a second presenter sits twiddling his or her thumbs in the studio while waiting to read 'the rest of today's news'.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
              • Jan 2011

At the time of the London Road murders in Ipswich, a report in the BBC News At Ten by a chap sent down from London was followed by a report in 'Look East' in which a local reporter who had been on site all day was interviewed by another local reporter who'd been sent down just for the local bulletin at 2235.
              And I've NEVER understood why reporting of a political story is improved by having the main newsreader standing outside No. 10 or on College Green while a second presenter sits twiddling his or her thumbs in the studio while waiting to read 'the rest of today's news'.
              Exactly!

OG

Comment

• LHC
                • Jan 2011

If you think that's bad, just wait for Glastonbury, when half of the BBC staff decamp for a paid weekend holiday listening to their favourite bands.
                "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
                Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                  Host
                  • Nov 2010

When there were floods in Cockermouth, they sent several reports. One would stand in knee-deep water and speculate (repeatedly throughout the day) about what might happen next. Such a waste of money.

Comment

• french frank
                    Administrator/Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LHC View Post
                    If you think that's bad, just wait for Glastonbury, when half of the BBC staff decamp for a paid weekend holiday listening to their favourite bands.

Cynic!
                    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• DracoM
                      Host
                      • Mar 2007

Or Hay. Which feeds talks etcetc for months.
                      Oh, yes, and the Ian Mcmillan trails.......................nuff said.

Comment

• vinteuil
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                        Or Hay. Which feeds talks etcetc for months.
                        Oh, yes, and the Ian McMillan trails.......................nuff said.
                        ... I think I loathe him more than anyone else on Radio 3. Yes, even more than K.....

Comment

Working...
                        X