Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • burning dog
    • Dec 2010

Conditions have eased and two players are "set", which proves the earlier panic was unessesary (IMO). If NZ win it from here good luck to them but England should win

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
      Banned
      • Jul 2011

This is going to be terribly close......phew.....

All but unbearable now..... 39 from 24.....
      Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 14-07-19, 18:34.

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
        Banned
        • Jul 2011

How's your heart doing....?!!
        I didn't know you could get a six that way...!

Yep.... we have the superover......!

Comment

• jayne lee wilson
          Banned
          • Jul 2011

CHAMPION CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS...

Have you ever seen anything quite like that on a Cricket Pitch....??

Comment

• DracoM
            Host
            • Mar 2007

NZ robbed by an accident maybe?? Just a thought.

Comment

• burning dog
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
              NZ robbed by an accident maybe?? Just a thought.
              NZ definitely unlucky....

Comment

• DracoM
                Host
                • Mar 2007

But that final had absolutely everything: fine bowling, some brilliant fielding - NZ catching? - mischance, the bizarre, the utterly unexpected, and the youngest bowler on either side bowling the Superover - a decision that very nearly cost England the match, let us not forget!! Buttler kept cool, Neesham hit well. No-one in that crowd would have felt they had been deprived of entertainment!

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

In this competitive world there has to be a winner it seems - fair enough - well maybe but has no-one ever thought that sharing the trophy might be an option - OK may be not - but had the rules been based on number of wickets lost ....

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                    But that final had absolutely everything: fine bowling, some brilliant fielding - NZ catching? - mischance, the bizarre, the utterly unexpected, and the youngest bowler on either side bowling the Superover - a decision that very nearly cost England the match, let us not forget!! Buttler kept cool, Neesham hit well. No-one in that crowd would have felt they had been deprived of entertainment!
                    No way I would have gone with Archer for the super over. experience every time.
                    Which shows what I know !!

Wonderful game which had everything. England had a huge slice of luck when it really mattered, and a couple more lucky inside edges than the Kiwis perhaps, but so it goes.
                    And NZ will learn from that, and won a lot of friends.
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• teamsaint
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                      In this competitive world there has to be a winner it seems - fair enough - well maybe but has no-one ever thought that sharing the trophy might be an option - OK may be not - but had the rules been based on number of wickets lost ....
                      Not really sure why wickets lost in a tie isn’t the first decider. It seems as good a rule as any.

I wonder what was going through Jason Roys mind as that last shot hurtled towards him, having fumbled one not long beforehand ?
                      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• DracoM
                        Host
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                        Not really sure why wickets lost in a tie isn’t the first decider. It seems as good a rule as any.

I wonder what was going through Jason Roys mind as that last shot hurtled towards him, having fumbled one not long beforehand ?
                        OK, maybe: 'Everyone knows I am the best cricketer in Britain so I can't fumble this'.

Erm. He let us down today. I hope someone quietly reminds him of this.

Comment

• LHC
                          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

I think boundaries scored is the deciding metric rather than wickets lost because this is seen as rewarding more attacking play.

If wickets lost was the deciding factor it might result in more defensive play rather than going for the big shots, especially towards the end of their innings when wickets are often sacrificed by the chasing team.
                          "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
                          Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Aerial camera shots showed snake-like stains on the square. Does anyone know how these occurred?

Comment

• burning dog
                              • Dec 2010

Wickets lost was one of the old ways of deciding before SuperOvers. There were various count backs like who had most runs after X amount of overs. I think the present SuperOvers plus boundaries is the best they've come up with.

Comment

• LMcD
                                • Sep 2017

It's a great pity, IMHO, that live coverage of every match except the final was limited to those willing or able to pay Sky for the privilege - perhaps the public's reaction to this sensational match might lead to the ECB to think more carefully when it comes to the awarding of broadcasting rights. Having said that, I must say 'thank you' for being given the opportunity to see the event live.

Comment

Working...
                                X