• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayne lee wilson
    Banned
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
    There's also the problem that credits often shoot up the screen at a positively frantic pace!
    I like the creative subversion of credit sequences you sometimes get. In the Sky Atlantic drama Sharp Objects, the big reveal came ​during the final credits to the last episode! Some of us were so stunned that we missed the significance, and needed rapid scrollback, and those admirable online TV drama analysers to help out...

The ​Guardians of the Galaxy films play with this convention very amusingly too, with several new cameos from the wonderful main characters throughout the (very long) credit sequence (and hints about the next film in the franchise). "I am Groot" pops up repeatedly, then fades out.... The 70s disco playlist is given ample time for you to read it too...

Sometimes though, the end credits start to appear before the cliffhanger final scene has concluded! Gives the game away, a bit... I guess I try to shrug it off.

Comment

• Pulcinella
      Host
      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
      I genuinely believe that they want to hear from us. I also genuinely believe that they have no intention of replying, let alone taking any notice or doing anything- they just like to know that we're out there.
      A faint ray of hope: Andrew Davies's excellent adaptation of 'Les Miserables' is thankfully not as swamped with 'background' music as some other recent offerings.
      But it has made me think that I feel a song coming on.

(And I haven't see the 'show', or read the book, for that matter!)

Comment

• Maclintick
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
        If they did but know it, the increase in the practices mentioned above are slowly alienating the very audiences they hope to attract. I am so disenchanted with television in general nowadays that I barely switch on.
        If john Logie Baird were alive today he'd be spinning in his grave (apologies for recycled aperçu which I believe was originally a Colemanballs quote by a pundit imagining Alf Ramsey's reaction to one particularly painful England humiliation -- can't find the attribution online. Maybe Teamsaint or another Round Ball devotee might remember..? )
        Sorry -- a bit off-topic...

Comment

Working...
        X