I don't want to have an account, or have my email saved or more emails collected ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anastasius
    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Anastasius View Post
    You're a bit out of date. We're talking £100+ as a 'reward' with one bank or other goodies like a pair of wifi Sennheiser headphones worth c.£160-180. And I'll get another £100 when I close the account after six months

Even better news. Just got an email to say that they cant fulfil the 'gift' and so will be depositing £170 in my account. So that plus the £100 exit means I've clocked up nearly £300 for a few minutes keyboard work. I call that a result
    Fewer Smart things. More smart people.

Comment

• Dave2002
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Anastasius View Post
      Even better news. Just got an email to say that they cant fulfil the 'gift' and so will be depositing £170 in my account. So that plus the £100 exit means I've clocked up nearly £300 for a few minutes keyboard work. I call that a result
      Mmmm. Another shade of unearned income - maybe.

Not that I'm too bothered, working to "earn" money isn't so great either - somewhat overrated.

Comment

• Dave2002
        • Dec 2010

An ongoing problem with trying to place an order, and dealing with online orders to a store which may/may not keep my CC card details.

mrs d's comment - probably set up by students you used to teach! Revenge! Ha!

Comment

• Bryn
          Banned
          • Mar 2007

One niggle, for me, is the failure of so many of those who hold account details, etc, to join up their systems so that they don't keep trying to sell me products, especially software they know full well I have bought and registered (and I am not referring to upgrades, just the same version, over and over). Magix is one of the worst. Every time I start their programs, I get a pop-up offering me the very same program. I know I can switch off the pop-up, but why do they not included a conditional routine in their launch module which checks whether the relevant version of the program is already registered? Programming 101, I would have thought.

Comment

• vinteuil
            • Nov 2010

... yes. Hugh Dennis recently did a sketch skewering the inadequacy of current Artificial Intelligence in really knowing what we want - "Why is it, that I've bought a wheelbarrow, I get endless advertisements for - wheelbarrows? The one thing I don't need now is - a wheelbarrow!"

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

... yes. Hugh Dennis recently did a sketch skewering the inadequacy of current Artificial Intelligence in really knowing what we want - "Why is it, that I've bought a wheelbarrow, I get endless advertisements for - wheelbarrows? The one thing I don't need now is - a wheelbarrow!"

It is pushing things a bit.............

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                It is pushing things a bit.............
                Wheely?

Comment

• Dave2002
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

I liked the comment about a forthcoming radio progam. "Now there's a fridge which uses AI to tell you when the door has been left open"
                  "If it's so clever, why doesn't it close it?"

Comment

• oddoneout
                    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                    I liked the comment about a forthcoming radio progam. "Now there's a fridge which uses AI to tell you when the door has been left open"
                    "If it's so clever, why doesn't it close it?"
                    Well quite. Also what's the point of knowing that when you're out of the house eg at work and unable to do anything about it?

Comment

Working...
                    X