X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cat
    • May 2019

Originally posted by statisticus View Post
    Could I put some perspective on this (and by the way, it's Scala Radio not Radio Scala!)?

1. This is the first published rating for Scala, since it is a half yearly figure, not a quarterly one, and it launched in March. Therefore its very first weeks are included in this average.

2. Scala is digital only, unlike Radio 3. The BBC's digital only stations mostly get lower listening figures than those which are analogue and digital.

3. Those who did tune in to Scala listened on average for 5.3 hours per week, compared with Radio 3's 6.6 hours. The BBC's 1Xtra and Asian Network which have been established for years have lower figures than that.

4. Scala is owned by Bauer Media and competes legitimately with Global's Classic FM. It does not seek to compete with BBC Radio 3 and would not want Radio 3 to compete with Scala. If BBC Radio 2 offered classical music it would resemble Scala. Or, as regards Radio 3, "We know our place."

In short, it's early days!
    Their name is a bit useless, it doesn't convey anything. My mum saw the name on her set and thought it was a foreign language station.

Should've gone with "Orchestral Manoeuvres in the DAB" or something.

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post

- and in the naive belief that they're not "dumbing down", but "offering a more attractive service for today's listeners".
      How I long for a radio station which would go back to providing a service for yesterday’s listeners ( yes I know that Ferney’s comment was 16 months old - and I hope that all is well with him!)

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        How I long for a radio station which would go back to providing a service for yesterday’s listeners ( yes I know that Ferney’s comment was 16 months old - and I hope that all is well with him!)
        I assume Yesterday’s listener was listening to Alkers yesterday ...

Comment

• french frank
          Administrator/Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by antongould View Post
          Very droll, yr lordship
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• antongould
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
            Very droll, yr lordship
            Hardly your Ladyship

Comment

• cloughie
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by antongould View Post
              Yes, indeed, I fear it could become addictive - wish she’d choose Mozart with less rush in it - that Rene Jacobs 40th was not to my taste at all - quite like the croissant corner but I could have done with one of the afore mentioned to go with my early lid of Yorksihire Gold!

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                Yes, indeed, I fear it could become addictive
                It's called brainwashing. Keep feeding them mentally with what they don't like until, failing any alternative, they'll just get used to it.
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                  It's called brainwashing. Keep feeding them mentally with what they don't like until, failing any alternative, they'll just get used to it.
                  Not really - it’s just better than Radio Cornwall’s lousy pop playlist and the current shouty presenter.

Comment

Working...
                  X