X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • subcontrabass
    • Nov 2010

Windsor Davies RIP

Comedy actor Windsor Davies, who was immortalised as the sergeant major in TV series It Ain't Half Hot Mum, has died.

Windsor Davies was best known for playing Tudor Bryn "Shut Up" Williams in the TV series.
    Last edited by subcontrabass; 19-01-19, 14:20.
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Great actor. Don’t think they would remake ‘It ain’t half hot’ without considerable PC changes. ‘Never the twain’ with Doald Sinden was another of his successes. RIP Windsor

Comment

• LMcD
      • Sep 2017

The first words that came to mind when I read about this were 'Fine pair of shoulders' … what tricks the memory can play!
      On the subject of changes in comedy taste, I've recently been watching 'Get Some In' on Forces TV. Each episode was preceded by a voiceover referring to language and attitudes that were prevalent in the 70s. I believe that 'On The Buses' is also shown fairly regularly on one of the digital channels but don't know whether a similar disclaimer was deemed necessary.

Comment

• edashtav
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        Great actor. Don’t think they would remake ‘It n’t half hot’ without considerable PC changes. ‘Never the twain’ with Doald Sinden was another of his successes. RIP Windsor
        A terrific character actor who added charm and complexity to his creations. In 'IAHHM' he made Sergeant Wiliams the bully with a twinkle in his eye R.I.P.. Windsor Davies.

Comment

• gradus
          • Nov 2010

A great shame that his most well-known role is very unlikely to be shown on TV again. Many thanks for the laughs Windsor.

Comment

Working...
          X