X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    Cropping can work wonders. There are several possible photos from this original - with appropriate cropping. The bright sun - even on a winter's day it's still relatively bright - presents problems though, and it's hard to know whether the overall effect "should" be grey, dark, light, or with a reddish tint. Realism or mood - that's often an issue with photos like this one. Is it a record shot, or something else?

The mobile phone shot is nice, as there are rays of light patterning the ground, but the lintel is blown away by the light sun.
    The camera shot picks up some of the pinkiness of the sky at that time, though it might have been more prominent a bit later on.

Which mobile model were you using - and I guess camera too? I'm looking for new ones of both.

Well done for being there - and taking the shots though, and it doesn't look as horribly wet as some other parts of the south.
    There are certainly plenty of issues taking shots like these for those, like me, with little expertise, but at least with digital one can experiment free of charge !

The camera is a Canon EOS 1100D, which is/was pretty much a standard " starter" digital SLR, I think. I need to buy a zoom lens for mine. The phone is an iphone 6S

It was very damp underfoot even up there, but thanks to the matting, fine for wandering around, despite the endless rain hereabouts. But it was a lovely winters day yesterday.
    I'll definitely return at some point to try to get a photo of the sunset through the central stones.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
    X