X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Slater
    • Mar 2007

R3 Playlists Database / Sounds Index

I've set up an experimental database based on the R3 playlists. It updates daily in the early hours for the previous day. You can browse the last 30 days' worth here.

There are links to the R3 programme page and also to the BBC Sounds page. The listing contains timing info in hh:mm:ss which can be used to position the slider in the appropriate position on the Sounds player. It also gives an approximate indication of the remaining time before the programme expires.

There is also a simple search facility (instructions included) which allows searching over a period of up to 400 days on composer and work and also on programme. (Searches are bookmarkable, so a search for a certain composer / work is repeatable without the need for typing.)

To search beyond the 400-day limit from yesterday, just add an earlier date in the 'latest date' box. (e.g. to search 2017 use 2017-12-31 as the latest date and 365 as the number of days.)

I'd be grateful for any reports of bugs here.

(I posted this last week on the 'Sounds' thread to get some initial traffic, but as it has wider application as a playlist look-up I'm posting again here.)
  • John Wright
    • Mar 2007

Impressive. Boccherini cello* no results. Joseph Haydn symphony* 17 results.
    - - -

John W

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by John Wright View Post
      Boccherini cello* no results.
      Not in 30 days; 7 results in 300.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• antongould
        • Nov 2010

Luigi Boccherini Quintet No 4 in D major, G 448 (Fandango) In Tune 2018-11-15 17:00 12 01:19:31 R3 Link Sounds Link 9 days
        Luigi Boccherini Quintet No. 4 in D major (G. 448) (Grave Assai - Fandango) Essential Classics 2018-11-08 09:00 10 01:13:37 R3 Link Sounds Link 2 days
        Luigi Boccherini String Quartet in E major, Op 11 No 5 (3rd mvt) Essential Classics 2018-11-22 09:00 22 02:41:43 R3 Link Sounds Link 16 days
        Luigi Boccherini String Quintet no. 6 in E major: ii. Allegro con spirito

The above are, I think the only 4 pieces played by Luigi in the last 30 days ... obtained by inputting *Bocc* in the Composer field. It seems, unless I am mistaken, to show two things - that in the 4 two were exactly the same movement and that the naming convention used is pretty freeform.
        Surely when a piece is played it should always be named in exactly the same way .... ???

Comment

Working...
        X