X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Anyone discovered Arte TV?

Just found this while trying to install apps on a TV.

Seems to have free to watch material including currently:

Henze - The Raft Medusa

Thomas Ades conducting the Finnish Radio Symphony Orchestra.

Several operas including Mozart's Magic Flute and Cosi fan Tutte.
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Magazine shows, concerts, documentaries, and more: the European culture channel's programmes available to stream free of charge on arte.tv.

Free on-demand Arts & culture programmes; and what looks like a far more interesting idea of programming than many a "give us yer money" broadcaster.

Can't remember encountering this before - many thanks, Dave
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Richard Barrett
      • Jan 2016

I used to have Arte on cable when I lived in Germany and still had a TV, there was more interesting programming than I could put aside time to watch, although it's now been about 12 years since I had any facility to watch broadcast TV and I haven't got used to on-demand services except for very specific things I want to see. The Henze sounds attractive though.

Comment

• gurnemanz
        • Nov 2010

Excellent channel which can also be received free-to-air in HD with a satellite dish, along with several other channels with arts content. We've had a dish for years. A big plus for my wife who is German. There is a useful site which points to upcoming items by category, eg classical music. Just spotted some Lachenmann this evening.

Comment

• LMcD
          • Sep 2017

Yes, I've seen some very good concerts on this platform. It's also worth discovering what's on offer from certain orchestras, such as for example the Danish and Frankfurt Radio Symphony Orchestras.

Comment

Working...
          X