• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayne lee wilson
    Banned
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    The disc duly ordered (a reasonable amount of my tax-free company pension lump sum remains ).

I might consider upgrading to Studio next June when my HiFi sub comes up for renewal. That is, unless they have changed their ludicrous policy of only facilitating upgrades at the time of renewal.
    That's odd, Bryn...I've always had Qobuz HiFi on month-to-month, no minimum contract, and the reason I signed up for the hi-res Studio was for that very reason - unlike the previous Sublime offerings, you don't have to pay a year upfront... when I did the upgrade, I was only charged £5 for the first month as the £20 for HiFi had already gone through......maybe check your t&cs...?
    Discover Qobuz and listen in Hi-Res without limits to more than 100 million tracks - 1 month free trial with no strings attached.

(check out the FAQ)...

Anyone using Audirvana+ does need to upgrade to the latest version (3.2.12) to use Studio though. It makes for a great combo...!
    The first things I played were from the 24/96 Rotterdam PO/Nézet-Séguin Collection - with a stunning Haydn 44 and the Bartok ​Concerto for Orchestra (one of the very best I've heard) that was quite a night!
    Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 03-11-18, 07:37.

Comment

• Sir Velo
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
      That is, unless they have changed their ludicrous policy of only facilitating upgrades at the time of renewal.
      They have. I received an email about a month ago with the offer to upgrade to Studio for £5 initially for one trial month. At £5 above the Hifi offering it definitely represents superlative value for money. Like jlw I have been revelling in the offerings and the quality (Dave2002 might like to note no dropouts!). Frankly, CD purchases are becoming a thing of the past, much to the gratitude of my groaning shelves! Moreover, for those who like the physical media because of the artwork and booklets with which they are sometimes provided, I should add that pdfs of the booklets are available to download on each recording so there really no excuse to buy product again.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
        I do think there has been a shrinking of the core user body here in the last year or so
        Ah! So somebody kept to their New Year's Resolution, then!
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
          Jayne, the active community here really is very small in number, and we don’t always give or get the reponse that we might like. And people are busy, and the range of music available ( and so the range of possible activity and discussion ) is literally endless these days.

Actually, there has been a fair bit of comment on Maderna’s music here over the years, and I think you would have engaged people. FWIW, it doesn’t necessarily take much to test the water on a subject, composer, work and see if it might lead to fruitful discussion, before committing to a lengthy post.

Actually, I don’t think the negative comments on here are so numerous in the main, but as with a few huge 4x4 cars in inappropriate areas, you do tend to notice the ones that there are.
          ...and as in life sometimes we feel chipper and at others not so and maybe these boards reflect that. I don’t think that there is an imbalance towards the negative and some really good discussions evolve from something seemingly negative. Sometimes it is as good to share our intolerances as it is our likes.

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
            That's odd, Bryn...I've always had Qobuz HiFi on month-to-month, no minimum contract, and the reason I signed up for the hi-res Studio was for that very reason - unlike the previous Sublime offerings, you don't have to pay a year upfront... when I did the upgrade, I was only charged £5 for the first month as the £20 for HiFi had already gone through......maybe check your t&cs...?
            Discover Qobuz and listen in Hi-Res without limits to more than 100 million tracks - 1 month free trial with no strings attached.

(check out the FAQ)...

Anyone using Audirvana+ does need to upgrade to the latest version (3.2.12) to use Studio though. It makes for a great combo...!
            The first things I played were from the 24/96 Rotterdam PO/Nézet-Séguin Collection - with a stunning Haydn 44 and the Bartok ​Concerto for Orchestra (one of the very best I've heard) that was quite a night!
            I took out a sub. fairly early, and yearly worked out that much cheaper. I have stayed with QQOBUZ France as it works out cheaper than the U.K. option, (199 whether £ or €).

Comment

• MrGongGong
              • Nov 2010

(though "comment is free" means you can't comment at all ..... and a good thing too some might say )

Comment

• Alison
                • Nov 2010

Negative can be interesting and illuminating as long as there’s no accompanying spite.

Comment

Working...
                X