X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

I would agree here, less talk, more music please Radio 3!
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• antongould
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
      Moira Stuart, a very fine broadcaster. BBC R2's loss is Classic FM's gain. Probably seen as too old by BBC R2.
      I don’t think so Stan she ticks a lot of boxes ...... could be she has achieved a hefty pay rise .... ????

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
        [/B]
        Doesn't it just - but I've also learned (learnt?) a lot of more useful stuff.
        ...and included in your AA!

Comment

• Beef Oven!
          Ex-member
          • Sep 2013

Originally posted by antongould View Post
          I don’t think so Stan she ticks a lot of boxes ...... could be she has achieved a hefty pay rise .... ????
          Possibly. All I know is off the top of my head, down the years she's been the classiest and most professional broadcaster I can think of.

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Unlikely if she was being paid the blokes' rates. Radio 2 gets substantially more money than Radio3 - and I doubt CFM could match that. Depends on how much her contribution was being valued. As to age: look at Radio 3. How many blokes in their 60s-70s and how many women?

Stuart (70 next year) and Bott (67 next year) have both found slots with CFM
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• antongould
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              Unlikely if she was being paid the blokes' rates. Radio 2 gets substantially more money than Radio3 - and I doubt CFM could match that. Depends on how much her contribution was being valued. As to age: look at Radio 3. How many blokes in their 60s-70s and how many women?

Stuart (70 next year) and Bott (67 next year) have both found slots with CFM
              The Grauniad says the BBC wanted her to stay .... but I will defer to the Bristol Clarion ....

Comment

• french frank
                Administrator/Moderator
                • Feb 2007

The Grauniad says the BBC wanted her to stay .... but I will defer to the Bristol Clarion ....
                Telegraph quotes an insider: “When she said she was leaving, they tried to keep her. But it was too little, too late.” She found there was 'more to life than the BBC'. I wonder what they did to 'try to keep her'? Said pretty please, don't leave?
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Originally posted by french frank View Post
                  Telegraph quotes an insider: “When she said she was leaving, they tried to keep her. But it was too little, too late.” She found there was 'more to life than the BBC'. I wonder what they did to 'try to keep her'? Said pretty please, don't leave?
                  What slot is she due to take on CFM?

Comment

• LMcD
                    • Sep 2017

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                    What slot is she due to take on CFM?
                    Initially she will be a morning news presenter and, from July 2019, have her own show from 3-5 on Saturday afternoons. Classic FM are describing her as a 'broadcasting legend' which, may I respectfully submit, is stretching things a bit.
                    Is it too simplistic to believe that people sometimes leave one job for another because they want a change? I doubt if Eddie Mair joined LBC just for the money.

Comment

• french frank
                      Administrator/Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                      Is it too simplistic to believe that people sometimes leave one job for another because they want a change? I doubt if Eddie Mair joined LBC just for the money.
                      I doubt Rob Cowan did either. It was his decision to leave. Classic FM has gained a knack for eyeing up BBC staff and poaching people who they think will improve their standing (and audience). The BBC's efforts at doing the same thing have met with mixed success.

Comment

• Anastasius
                        • Mar 2015

Could we encourage ClassicFM to take back one of their 'presenters' who has inadvertently strayed over to R3 ? Please.
                        Fewer Smart things. More smart people.

Comment

Working...
                        X