X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

Price Waterhouse Cooper

....one of the most annoying and ineffective trio's on the scene these days....
    bong ching
  • Richard Tarleton

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
    ....one of the most annoying and ineffective trio's on the scene these days....
    I'm surprised they're still around.... Emerson Lake & Palmer, Crosby Stills & Nash, Barclay James Harvest - what happened to them?

Comment

• Lat-Literal
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
      I'm surprised they're still around.... Emerson Lake & Palmer, Crosby Stills & Nash, Barclay James Harvest - what happened to them?
      ........Unwin, Wittering and Zygo.

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
        Well for starters ELP is now just P and drum solos have limited appeal (hereabouts anyway). It would need Ashton, Gardner and Dyke to revive them!

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Mary, Mungo, & Midge.

(Or Eric Morecambe's solicitors, Dewey, Chetham, and Howe.)
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• ardcarp
            Late member
            • Nov 2010

Oh dear. I feel a thread about firms of solicitors looming........

Comment

• Lat-Literal
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              Mary, Mungo, & Midge.

(Or Eric Morecambe's solicitors, Dewey, Chetham, and Howe.)

Although Mary, Mungo and Midge lived in a tower block rather than on a pedestal.

They also happen to be in my personal Hall of Fame.

Not far ahead of Men From The Ministry, The, Mompou, Federico and Morrison, Ivan.

Morecambe and Wise are under "E" for Eric and Ern.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Of course Chic Murray always used to talk of his friends Hunt, Lunt and Cunningham!

Comment

• gradus
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  Of course Chic Murray always used to talk of his friends Hunt, Lunt and Cunningham!
                  Delay, Worry and Expense - heard of 'em Cali?

Comment

• ahinton
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gradus View Post
                    That's how it all "works" now and has done for some time; at least PWC's principal competitors KPMG hve four rather than a mere three initials, although I'm less than clear which owns the government or what sharehlding either might have therein...

Comment

• eighthobstruction
                      • Nov 2010

....well it seems that both of them seem to be asleep at the mouse/account books in the matter of the latest scandal....

....unfortunately I am not a subscriber to either the FT or Financial Review socannot do links....
                      bong ching

Comment

• Petrushka
                        • Nov 2010

Speaking as a Credit Controller of many years these firms pop up every time a customer goes into liquidation. PWC, if I remember correctly, was born out of Coopers & Lybrand. Many of these firms started as local accountancy outfits but got swallowed up in merger after merger. I see the reports they send in after a liquidation in which, by law, the Liquidator must disclose his fees. Believe me, they are eye-wateringly large and way off my pay scale.

There will be some people rubbing their hands with glee over this latest one.
                        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gradus View Post
                          You will be hearing from my advisers, Messrs Soo, Grabbit & Runne.

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
                          Oh dear. I feel a thread about firms of solicitors looming........
                          The best real name I've ever encountered was Wright Hassall (say it to yourself). They are actually very good!

The law might be the same, but do your lawyers have to be? Our clients tell us, as well as being exceptional lawyers, we are proactive, diligent, commercial and provide value for money.

This lot look scary, though I never dealt with them: http://www.goadandbutcher.co.uk
                          "...the isle is full of noises,
                          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• LMcD
                            • Sep 2017

Accountancy firms clearly increase in size and importance, at least in part. by gobbling up their competitors - which is precisely what Carillion did.

Comment

• Petrushka
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                              Accountancy firms clearly increase in size and importance, at least in part. by gobbling up their competitors - which is precisely what Carillion did.
                              Yes, this same thought occurred to me a good half hour after I'd posted my #12.

Experience tells me that all of those suppliers hoping to get paid out of the liquidation will get precisely nothing. Once the secured creditors (banks, HMRC, wages, Utility companies, liquidators fees etc) are paid there is rarely anything left in the pot for the unsecured creditors. The 'domino effect' of those suppliers themselves failing is thus very real as the ripples spread ever further. Speaking again as a Credit Controller of 44 years, I've seen this happen a few times (especially in the 1980s) but this is one of the biggest and will pose a challenge to credit controllers everywhere in many different sectors in deciding whether to grant credit.
                              "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Working...
                              X