X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2002
    • Dec 2010

Sod's/Murphy's Law

A place to put examples of the above law(s).

The telephone fell of the kitchen table. I reached out to grab it and knocked off my Starbucks coffee cup.

We had four of those, two from London, and two from NYC - the taxi relief edition.

Guess which one broke?!

Yep - not the London one - which is still quite easily replaceable, but ....

The telephone survived.

Ah well!
  • Pulcinella
    Host
    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    A place to put examples of the above law(s).

The telephone fell of the kitchen table. I reached out to grab it and knocked off my Starbucks coffee cup.

We had four of those, two from London, and two from NYC - the taxi relief edition.

Guess which one broke?!

Yep - not the London one - which is still quite easily replaceable, but ....

The telephone survived.

Ah well!
    I read that as tax relief!
    Is this some way for them to avoid paying their dues or supporting Uber?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Returning from an historic guided walk last Sunday I found my banking cards to be missing from my wallet. I assumed I'd been pickpocketed, the cards removed and the wallet then surreptitiously put back in my rear trouser pocket. Hastening my way home in something of a panic, I passed three jazz musicians performing behind market stalls in an alley, one of whom I recognised, and hadn't met up with for several years. On reaching home I discovered to my relief that I'd removed my cards prior to doing the walk and left them here, beside my computer. I got back on the bike and rode as fast as I could to where the guys had been playing, to find that they had packed up and gone home.

Comment

Working...
      X