• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hornspieler
    Late Member
    • Sep 2012

In memoriam

May they all rest in peace.

But would it not be a good idea to separate notification of the sad passing of those who have given so much enjoyment and appreciation from such other topics as "Stormy Weather" and "Have you heard this one?" el al, to a thread which informs us of the sad passing and pays tribute to those who have left us with only sad memories of what they have contributed to our lives?

Hornspieler

• Hornspieler
    Late Member
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Hornspieler View Post
    May they all rest in peace.

But would it not be a good idea to separate notification of the sad passing of those who have given so much enjoyment and appreciation from such other topics as "Stormy Weather" and "Have you heard this one?" el al, to a thread which informs us of the sad passing and pays tribute to those who have left us with only sad memories of what they have contributed to our lives?:
    "These, you have loved"

Does anyone remember that radio programme, broadcast many years ago on the old BBC Home Service?

Maybe it would have been a more appropriate title for this thread.

As one of our genial hosts has pointed out in a private message, it would be an impossible task to transfer all those obituary notifications, posted over the last few years, but, in any case, I was looking for personal appreciation from members of those who have have given so much joy, pleasure or comfort to all of our forumites during their lifetimes.

Nothing to do with Obituary Notices, written by newspaper journalists - this is about people who entertained and inspired us during their lifetimes and are now sadly missed.

What do you all think? Should we ask our genial hosts to change the title of this thread?

Why not start the ball rolling by offering up a few names (and your own reasons for choosing them)?

HS
    Last edited by Hornspieler; 11-06-17, 08:54. Reason: Senility?

Comment

• greenilex
      • Nov 2010

Yesterday I found myself filling a photo album with pictures of beloved ghosts...I suppose as my seventies go on, this may be a more demanding activity.

But I don't see it as unnatural.

Comment

Working...
      X