X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Hope today the weather will be kind to us!
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

All the forecasters are predicting springlike weather by Friday, with temperatures in favoured spots up to 15 degs C.

It has to be said that, notwithstanding the very warm originations of the southerly winds expected, they have to cross a Continent that is still pretty cold this early in February. It is very difficult for shade temperatures to reach as high as 15 degs C before March, this far north, except for limited locations to the lee of high ground such as Aberdeen or the north coast of Wales, when leeward descending air under an inversion "cap" simulates a Föhn effect. 1994's record was an extremely rare event, conditioned by a foregoing winter season which had been unusually warm over Continental Europe.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Sounds good SA! I think MrsBBM might have one of her snow headaches though coming.

I’m hoping to have a saunter in my new electronic chariot today!
        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Joseph K
          Banned
          • Oct 2017

Very pleasant, sun, clear blue sky, mild temperature.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
            Gone fishin'
            • Sep 2011

A lovely, crisp morning, soon reaching temperatures in double figures, and so sunny: the local Tarn was very popular for walking (around!) this morning.
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Absolutely gorgeous today, up to 13 degrees, sunny and bright.

A perfect day for, er, a business trip to the Birmingham suburbs.

( oh, except for the pea soup stuff that lingered round the M40 till after rush hour, but thankfully folk generally seem more sensible in bad driving conditions these days. And the Oxfordshire OB do like to let you know they are up and about......)
              Last edited by teamsaint; 14-02-19, 21:10.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                A lovely, crisp morning, soon reaching temperatures in double figures, and so sunny: the local Tarn was very popular for walking (around!) this morning.
                Following a surprise frosty start here this morning it only managed 11C this afternoon in the bright sunshine; but we are on a north-facing downward slope here, which accounts for it always being 2-4 degrees cooler than in the London epicentre!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

I was actually trying my new chariot yesterday afternoon. So warm and sunny it was. MrsBBM said we will go to the park and pop into the cafe there, which we did. I had a very nice white chocolate hot drink. On the way back though, withtge sun starting to go down, the temperature was too. Since my chemo, I can certainly feel the difference with the change in in temperatures. Hey ho, on we go! We will be doing the same but this time, I’ll take my motorbility scooter out and give that a run. The temperature should be around 14C today.
                  Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                    • Dec 2010

Well, this morning I undertook my first longish cycle ride of 2019 - riding a distance of approximately 15 miles, and returning home just under two hours later, in time so as to miss only ten minutes of the BBC lunchtime TV news. The Ravensbourne Riverside Walk, running from just north of Beckenham to the Greenwich Reach, looked glorious - the bare trees almost appearing to be haloed, an optical effect one assumes to navigate the color contrast between the golden brown of the bare tree outlines and the pale blue backdrop of the sky; and the view across the Thames to the Isle of Dogs side was stunning. This is one run that looks beautiful, whatever the time of year.

Tomorrow is predicted to be cloudier, so I'll allow my unaccustomed legs to recuperate before trying another, different run on Sunday.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                      Well, this morning I undertook my first longish cycle ride of 2019 - riding a distance of approximately 15 miles, and returning home just under two hours later, in time so as to miss only ten minutes of the BBC lunchtime TV news. The Ravensbourne Riverside Walk, running from just north of Beckenham to the Greenwich Reach, looked glorious - the bare trees almost appearing to be haloed, an optical effect one assumes to navigate the color contrast between the golden brown of the bare tree outlines and the pale blue backdrop of the sky; and the view across the Thames to the Isle of Dogs side was stunning. This is one run that looks beautiful, whatever the time of year.

Tomorrow is predicted to be cloudier, so I'll allow my unaccustomed legs to recuperate before trying another, different run on Sunday.
                      Certainly is down here, SA. we were hoping for another saunter, but I don’t think it will happen. Had a lovely one yesterubut there was a chill in the wind, despite the sun being out. So we didn’t go to the cafe, as we had done done yesterday.
                      Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• greenilex
                        • Nov 2010

Central London was perfect yesterday for the striking schoolkids - lovely warm sunshine, but still fresh in the shade. I met my daughter (stalking her teenager, she says) and we had a sandwich in the courtyard of Chelsea art college. Then we sat outside Tate Britain for a while and walked back to the tube when we knew the offspring were safely on their way home.

So far, so good. I hope someone takes notice of their eco-pleas.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by greenilex View Post
                          Central London was perfect yesterday for the striking schoolkids - lovely warm sunshine, but still fresh in the shade. I met my daughter (stalking her teenager, she says) and we had a sandwich in the courtyard of Chelsea art college. Then we sat outside Tate Britain for a while and walked back to the tube when we knew the offspring were safely on their way home.

So far, so good. I hope someone takes notice of their eco-pleas.

Dull dull dull again today - got that bit right then - but it's still managed to reach 13 C, which is 6 C above the norm for mid-Feb. In 4 days' time the maximum average rises to 8 C, and thence onwards by 1 C every 3 weeks approximately until the maximum of 22 C is reached on July 10; but the whole of next week is expected to remain on the mild side everywhere.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Back to being sunny today! Yes!
                            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• gurnemanz
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                              Back to being sunny today! Yes!
                              ... and windy. Ideal for hanging out washing. Should be dry by lunchtime.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                                ... and windy. Ideal for hanging out washing. Should be dry by lunchtime.
                                Always feels and smells better when it’s been dried outside.
                                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X