X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ferneyhoughgeliebte
    Gone fishin'
    • Sep 2011

Well, considering that yesterday's weather advice had been "build an ark", today has been fine: mostly dry, plenty of sunshine, and, if rather blustery, nothing like the potentially damage-causing gales that had been forecast. Very pleased.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      Well, considering that yesterday's weather advice had been "build an ark", today has been fine: mostly dry, plenty of sunshine, and, if rather blustery, nothing like the potentially damage-causing gales that had been forecast. Very pleased.
      A little aside from the ‘build an ark’ listening to the traffic report on Radio Cornwall was mention of the Truro to Falmouth road being blocked by a boat which had fallen of a lorry. Was it a boat or a diy ark?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Gosh, my message has gone! Did I delete it by mistake?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          Gosh, my message has gone! Did I delete it by mistake?
          There's no evidence of its ever having appeared, S_A; so a wrong button clicked, perhaps?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

There's no evidence of its ever having appeared, S_A; so a wrong button clicked, perhaps?
            Guess so - never mind!

Comment

• oddoneout
              • Nov 2015

The wind has been building up and there are yellow warnings for wind tomorrow(pass me the gripe water...). On the plus side there shouldn't be any rain, and the sun might show itself around lunchtime, which suits me as I plan to walk into town to join an afternoon of activities at the library. Yes we still have a library and it isn't run by volunteers.

Comment

• oddoneout
                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                Guess so - never mind!
                Can you use 'Restore Auto-saved content' to get it back?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                  Can you use 'Restore Auto-saved content' to get it back?
                  It doesn't matter, but thanks all the same! I was dealing with a minor flood here yesterday, and probably not concentrating enough!

Comment

• DracoM
                    Host
                    • Mar 2007

Roaring winds overnight and sheeting rain - got me up at 5 a.m. Scary oop 'ere!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

Yesterday wasn’t too bad but more or less the same here too. Better than Friday’s weather!
                      Don’t cry for me
                      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Just managed to get caught in a shower while on my afternoon walk - not very heavy rain. Nevertheless a surprisingly large number of cumulonimbus anvil clouds gracing the afternoon skyscape. I doubt if they would be high or robust enough to produce thunder; indeed a check on Lightningmaps shows no spherics over the UK at present or in the past hour. In our winters you usually need either showers coming in off the sea, where they've formed out of sea surface temperatures that are higher than those over the land; or some kind of "forcing": a hill mass or mountain to force winds upwards; a frontal system with sharp wind convergence from either side; or a small low pressure system embedded in the wind flow. Ground surface temperatures just ain't high enough, with the weak winter insolation, to provide enough "oomph" for proper convection to occur.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                          Gone fishin'
                          • Sep 2011

Beautiful day here in this bit of the Pennines - mild and sunny: perfect walking weather, and the local park crowded with Snowdrops.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Beautiful day here in this bit of the Pennines - mild and sunny: perfect walking weather, and the local park crowded with Snowdrops.
                            I'm amazed to have found snowdrops, croci, hiacynths and daffodils widely in bloom on my afternoon stroll today.

Comment

• teamsaint
                              • Nov 2010

Lovely day here, and finally we have managed to get some snowdrops to flower in our garden.hurrah !!
                              Forecast looks good for a good stretch.
                              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• DracoM
                                Host
                                • Mar 2007

As here.

Comment

Working...
                                X