X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Not going to be very good today, by the looks of it?
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• oddoneout
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
      Not going to be very good today, by the looks of it?
      Indeed. A dreary 'lights on all day' offering, everywhere awash outside. It's mild but doesn't feel it thanks to the damp and grey. Fortunately I only had to be out in it briefly and now I can hole up with various pleasant occupations - the 1000 piece jigsaw borrowed from the library should keep me out of mischief for a while.....

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
        Indeed. A dreary 'lights on all day' offering, everywhere awash outside. It's mild but doesn't feel it thanks to the damp and grey. Fortunately I only had to be out in it briefly and now I can hole up with various pleasant occupations - the 1000 piece jigsaw borrowed from the library should keep me out of mischief for a while.....
        It absolutely thwacked it down for about 2 minutes a short while ago, with strong gusts - a clear indication of the passing of the cold front. Once the rain belt clears the SW, probably early tomorrow, that could well be the last rain anywhere for at least a week. There are rumours that a cold outbreak could be on the cards for the first week of the New Year.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

That should put things in proportion!

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Hmmm, looks alright today, thankfully!
            Don’t cry for me
            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Pulcinella
              Host
              • Feb 2014

Absolutely glorious here today.
              Warm enough to sit out on the front bench with no jacket in bright sunshine with a mug of soup for lunch.
              Cycling off soon into town for Nine Lessons and Carols at the Minster: doors open at 2 for service at 4!

Season's Greetings to one and all.

Comment

• DracoM
                Host
                • Mar 2007

Brilliantly clear, hard frost overnight, fells in sharp beauty, shops on High St busy-ish, pavements a teeny tad treacherous here and there

Comment

• Joseph K
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                  Absolutely glorious here today.
                  Ditto. Very sunny... perhaps not quite as mild, but very nice nonetheless.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                    • Dec 2010

Beautiful day here, now that the "bubble wrap" could sheet associate with yesterday's rain has now retreated away to the south west. The forecast was for mainly cloudy, so, fortunately, they got that wrong! I would imagine it will cloud up tonight - either as surface fog or low stratus - given so much residual humidity and there being little in the way of a drying wind; and that will be likely to persist tomorrow, the midwinter sun not being strong enough to "burn it off" as the weather presenters colourfully put it.

I shan't be going anywhere - which as far as rail journeys are concerned seems, in any case, to be the Christmas rule these days. The nice young American chap married to the nice young Italian lady two flats from mine have given me an open invitation to visit them for some "old movies". I'm thinking of taking along my Tom & Jerry comprehensive box set, and maybe an old British movie to show them what good stuff once came out of this country, when we had a film industry.

Regardless of the weather, may I wish each and every one of you a lovely day tomorrow.

Comment

• oddoneout
                      • Nov 2015

Pleased to hear that some of you have had good weather today. It was supposed to have been sunny here but over the weekend the lovely sun symbols on the charts got increasingly covered up until it was just murk. There was a sighting of some blue sky, it stayed mild and no wet stuff from the sky. On the plus side the low light levels mean that I can have my sparkly lights on for longer.
                      I'll need to keep an eye on overnight temperatures as a couple of my outdoor potted plants will not like having their currently sodden rootballs frozen.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Pleased to hear that some of you have had good weather today. It was supposed to have been sunny here but over the weekend the lovely sun symbols on the charts got increasingly covered up until it was just murk. There was a sighting of some blue sky, it stayed mild and no wet stuff from the sky. On the plus side the low light levels mean that I can have my sparkly lights on for longer.
                        I'll need to keep an eye on overnight temperatures as a couple of my outdoor potted plants will not like having their currently sodden rootballs frozen.
                        Any more than I would.

Comment

• DracoM
                          Host
                          • Mar 2007

Wicked and potentially lethal frost back up here already.

Comment

• zola
                            • May 2011

We have a yellow warning for fog tomorrow. Which also helpfully explains that 'delays to bus and train services possible'. Bus and train services on Christmas Day ???

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                              Gone fishin'
                              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by zola View Post
                              We have a yellow warning for fog tomorrow. Which also helpfully explains that 'delays to bus and train services possible'. Bus and train services on Christmas Day ???
                              There's a free 'bus service locally, to enable people to visit family and friends in hospital, or in the outer reaches of the district ... or even just to get to and from the pubs.

But yes - Rudolf will need his nose set to "Fog Strength" tonight; and tomorrow looks like a silver rather than a white Christmas. Perfect weather for staying indoors and looking out onto!
                              [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• oddoneout
                                • Nov 2015

Freezing fog descended here sometime between 8 and 9pm so I hope it hasn't caught anyone out - there weren't any warnings earlier in the evening. Quite an eerie effect looking across the fields from an upstairs room as the fog wasn't very high and the moon was shining very brightly over the top of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X