Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eighthobstruction
    • Nov 2010

....I had one of those once....but one oil drum does not meglomaniacartmastabasta make....

....glad for your lovely walk vints....reminded me of autumn walks around Clifton + in Bristol
    bong ching

Comment

• Bryn
      Banned
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
      ....I had one of those once....but one oil drum does not meglomaniacartmastabasta make....

....glad for your lovely walk vints....reminded me of autumn walks around Clifton + in Bristol
      You appear to have bricked that one.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

....maybe I should make one out of all these crabapples I keep seeing[ I see now it was a message]....I see it now a nation wide network delivering crabapples to me fashioning gabions to fill with my harvest.... MY CRABABA....maybe next scores of individual casts of me covered in crabapples foisted on the shores of Portihead and Brean....
        bong ching

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

Don’t think t looks good for The Toon. I know Brighton are looking at that direction but I think they’ll be ok.
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Dry good day yesterday. Looks like another one today!
            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
              Dry good day yesterday. Looks like another one today!

That said, we do seem to be in some sort of cold zone right here. Perhaps it's being on a north aspected slope. Yesterday when everyone was talking about summer temperatures I took the rug out on the lawn after lunch, removed my T-shirt (not a pleasant sight, but we have a high hedge!) then quickly put it back on, along with the jacket. But if you're in one of the warm zones, make the most of today and tomorrow, as it will get cooler on Friday, and stay that way next week as winds come off of the N Sea. Should remain warmer the further west you happen to be, but still with cold nights. My heating went on on Monday!

Comment

• Joseph K
                Banned
                • Oct 2017

Beautiful today - not a cloud in the sky.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                  Beautiful today - not a cloud in the sky.
                  I've just spotted one!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                    I've just spotted one!
                    Not down here!
                    Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

The last of the warm weather today - perhaps for 2018?? Shorts and T-shirt on. Have to make my mind up, whether or not my back's up to a 20-miler, taking me south and into the rolling North Downs this afternoon.

Comment

• oddoneout
                        • Nov 2015

Yet more extraordinary contrasts over the past couple of days. Thursday was very hot(not just warm) getting close to 30, and the walk to choir rehearsal was shirtsleeve stuff through a golden early evening thick with honeysuckle perfume. Friday was cold, taking it's time to get much beyond 13, until the wind dropped a bit and the sun got out properly. Still not that warm, but a good autumn day. This morning I woke to frost on the shed roofs. I now have to work out what, if anything, to do about the tomatoes still in the garden, which at the moment don't seem to have suffered; the forecast suggests overnight won't get near danger levels.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                          Yet more extraordinary contrasts over the past couple of days. Thursday was very hot(not just warm) getting close to 30, and the walk to choir rehearsal was shirtsleeve stuff through a golden early evening thick with honeysuckle perfume. Friday was cold, taking it's time to get much beyond 13, until the wind dropped a bit and the sun got out properly. Still not that warm, but a good autumn day. This morning I woke to frost on the shed roofs. I now have to work out what, if anything, to do about the tomatoes still in the garden, which at the moment don't seem to have suffered; the forecast suggests overnight won't get near danger levels.
                          I shouldn't worry for your tomatoes - after tomorrow it looks as if the next 10 days and nights are going to be on the mild side, with little prospect of frosts like last night's.

Comment

• oddoneout
                            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                            I shouldn't worry for your tomatoes - after tomorrow it looks as if the next 10 days and nights are going to be on the mild side, with little prospect of frosts like last night's.
                            That's good. I have limited space for storing green toms indoors until they ripen, and the further on they can get outside the better. I must confess I was surprised by the frost even though the sky was clear; I can only assume the wind must have dropped completely during the night.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

What a lovely day yesterday was. Friday night, I went up to the local social club, which is the last bastion to remain as St Francis, from the days of the psychiatric hospitals where I worked as a nurse for thirty years. 100 turned up for the Reunion. A good number for the size room. Then the next day(yesterday), in the afternoon, we went for a tour, where a lot of reminiscing went along. Brought back a lot of memories, whilst our guide and friend took us lot around.
                              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                                • Dec 2010

It looks like the coming week is going to be rather cloudy, but mostly dry, and still relatively warm for the start of October. There's been talk of a dearth of horse chestnuts this year, due to the hot summer preceded by a cold spring; and I have certainly noticed there being less conker shells to avoid this year while out cycling. The perennial leaf disease affecting them means that many of their parent trees are already bare. However, we are promised a very good year this year for autumn colour and berries, apparently - provided, of course, there are no storms during the period of maximum autumn tints.

Ooh, I forgot to mention that September's temperatures here were bang on average for the month: minima 0.2 degs C above the norm, maxima 0.2 C below - which is the very first time for the entire time I've been collecting weather data!
                                Last edited by Serial_Apologist; 30-09-18, 17:20.

Comment

Working...
                                X