X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cloughie
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    Not until Christmas Eve, Bbm - and then only if you've been very good.
    Or on St Piran's Day

Last edited by cloughie; 07-08-18, 18:03.

Comment

• greenilex
      • Nov 2010

Plenty of epic thunderstorms here in the MidWest just now. Good for the corn dogs and butter cows, I guess.

Comment

• oddoneout
        • Nov 2015

It tried, very briefly, to rain here about half an hour ago, but the drops dried almost before they had a chance to fall. We are promised(threatened with?) storms tonight - we shall see. In the meantime some cretin nearby has decided it would be a good idea to set off fireworks over the tinderdry common and stubble fields - I hope the fire service and/or police can track down where they are and have a word.

Comment

• LMcD
          • Sep 2017

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
          It tried, very briefly, to rain here about half an hour ago, but the drops dried almost before they had a chance to fall. We are promised(threatened with?) storms tonight - we shall see. In the meantime some cretin nearby has decided it would be a good idea to set off fireworks over the tinderdry common and stubble fields - I hope the fire service and/or police can track down where they are and have a word.
          Same here about 8.20 p.m.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Some thunderstorms came over the SE this evening, but actually leapfrogged us - we just had half an hour of heavy rain. Lovely fresh feel of nature breathing out there once more - it's brought the temperature down beautifully - but I can still see quite a lot of lightning down towards Sevenoaks on the lightning map, so it's not quite finished with us yet.

Curtains and windows open, to let the moths, wasps and mosquitoes in!

Comment

• LMcD
              • Sep 2017

What rain? I've just been out watering my shrubs....

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

A few drops of rain, that’s it. I think the forecasters have it wrong again today.
                Don’t cry for me
                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Joseph K
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2017

No rain yet... it is cooler though.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                    • Dec 2010

Back almost to normal - wonderful! - just back from Brixton Tescles on the bike, hardly any sweat. Natural ventilation resumed, with papers blowing everywhere and doors slamming from the welcome breeze now coming in. Tomorrow looks like in the SE we will be on the edge of a large thundery rain area spreading north from France and Belgium into the N Sea - ok since you all wanted the correct meteorological term then, a mesoscale sub-synoptic convective system - which'll give us showers or intermittent rain, and a cool breeze feeding in from the NW. Then on as far as can be seen, it promises to be more-or-less back to where we were before the heatwave, eg westerlies, drier the further south-east you go, wetter the further north-west. Sorry DracoM!

Comment

• oddoneout
                      • Nov 2015

Missed the rain this time round, but the drop in temperature most welcome - the volunteer gardening stint was a pleasure, more productive and far less draining than of late as a consequence. Tomorrow is forecast to be wet and chilly(well below 20), so I might do an outing and see if I remember how to dress for such conditions!

Comment

• Joseph K
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2017

Bucketing it down now.

Comment

• oddoneout
                          • Nov 2015

The current forecast has greatly increased the certainty of heavy rain, and at an earlier stage of the day, so I will hold off the watering for a while. No uncertainty about the temperature - cool overnight and currently 10 to 15 degrees cooler than recent mornings. Getting actually chilly overnight isn't a welcome trend for my tender crops though - seeing 12 as a predicted, coupled with rain, is a recipe for blight on the toms and stopping cropping on things like the outdoor cues.
                          Ah well, make the best of the desirable - rain - and cope with the less desirable, as always.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

We have rain too and tomorrow, which won’t be great as I have to go through a funeral.
                            Don’t cry for me
                            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                              • Dec 2010

Just as today's light rain looked like clearing, it suddenly darkened at teatime, with low black underhanging pelmets of cloud circling down from the north when the surface wind was from the west spelling "thunderstorm". Caught me out completely! It then proceeded to bucket down for the next half hour, with a few distant flashes and rumbles out Willesden way. Tomorrow looks to be typical April showers but with August temperatures.

Comment

• Beef Oven!
                                Ex-member
                                • Sep 2013

Sunny, wall to wall blue sky and a gentle breeze 35 degrees, perfect. Tomorrow it will be slightly warmer at 37 degrees.

Comment

Working...
                                X