X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

I have just found ground floor water coming UP through the heavily tiled floor. Still rodding down, westerly blustery, fells almost invisible in the rain / mist etc.
    Happy Days...........................

Not.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
      I have just found ground floor water coming UP through the heavily tiled floor. Still rodding down, westerly blustery, fells almost invisible in the rain / mist etc.
      Happy Days...........................

Not.
      OMG - We wish you all the best, Draco.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
        • Nov 2010

....rotten....good luck
        bong ching

Comment

• DracoM
          Host
          • Mar 2007

Thx.
          Sun, Turneresque raging sky to west, wind still wild, rain slowed to a dribble.
          BUT worry could be if it rains again tonight................Hmm.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
            Gone fishin'
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
            ....rotten....good luck
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Thx.
              Sun, Turneresque raging sky to west, wind still wild, rain slowed to a dribble.
              BUT worry could be if it rains again tonight................Hmm.
              The main lot should be through now, you'll be relieved to hear - it's just about reaching here as i write. There's vague talk of a possible repeat of october 1987, following unseasonably high temperatures expected widely over the weekend. Weather anoraks are commemorating the 30th anniversay of that particular event - see the link below for some nostalgic reminiscences:

Possibly the most significant UK weather event in most peoples memory turns 30 on Sunday into Monday. What are your memories, do you have any pictures or anecdotes from where you were and are we likely to see an event like this again in our lifetime? A few videos of media coverage to get us think...
              Last edited by Serial_Apologist; 11-10-17, 22:48.

Comment

• Bryn
                Banned
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                The main lot should be through now, you'll be relieved to hear - it's just about reaching here as i write. There's vague talk of a possible repeat of october 1987, following unseasonably high temperatures expected widely over the weekend. Weather anoraks are commemorating the 30th anniversay of that particular event - see the link below for some nostalgic reminiscences:

https://www.ukweatherworld.co..uk/forum/index.php?
                Nothing over 18 mph forecast here in the next 10 days.

Comment

• DracoM
                  Host
                  • Mar 2007

Yep, world wakes up here as if butter wouldn't melt...........what me? Misbehave yesterday, what ME? Nah, you've got wrong world, mate. Must be that other one.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Hurricane Ophelia heading for ther UK. What parts of the UK will be hit?
                    Don’t cry for me
                    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                      Hurricane Ophelia heading for ther UK. What parts of the UK will be hit?
                      Looks like moving up the Atlantic off the west coast of Ireland as a strong extra-tropical depression, maintaining a southerly feed across England and Wales bounded to the north and west by the system's frontal bands. So, the further north and west you are, the stronger the expected winds, though gales only look possible for Cornwall and Pembs, and the greater likelihood of rain - and the further south and east the warmer and the sunnier, there even being talk of record breaking high temperatures for E Anglia/E Midlands (> 25 C) on Monday.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                        Looks like moving up the Atlantic off the west coast of Ireland as a strong extra-tropical depression, maintaining a southerly feed across England and Wales bounded to the north and west by the system's frontal bands. So, the further north and west you are, the stronger the expected winds, though gales only look possible for Cornwall and Pembs, and the greater likelihood of rain - and the further south and east the warmer and the sunnier, there even being talk of record breaking high temperatures for E Anglia/E Midlands (> 25 C) on Monday.
                        Yes I saw that last night. Thank goodness. Hope it doesn't change direction!

I thought that the weather today was going to be rather good? Apparently not.
                        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• DracoM
                          Host
                          • Mar 2007

<< the weather today was going to be rather good? >>

Ahem....You are joking?
                          Whiteout, fells invisible, driving westerlies, world oop 'ere composed merely of different densities of water.
                          But Christ Church Cathedral Oxford's latest CD on, nothing can go wrong!

Comment

• vinteuil
                            • Nov 2010

<
                            Whiteout, fells invisible, driving westerlies, world oop 'ere composed merely of different densities of water.
                            ... I finally get it!

Northerners are masochists - they actually enjoy all this : and that's why in Newcastle in midwinter in a howling gale and temperatures well below zero the lads disport themselves in wife-beaters ...

I love being an effete southerner

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

Hurricane Ophelia heading directly for the UK!
                              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                                Yes I saw that last night. Thank goodness. Hope it doesn't change direction!
                                Interesting you should say that, Bbm. The effects of 1987 resulted from the deepening wave depression on the trailing cold front tracking further west than the forecasters predicted. I actually expected that to happen, because of the tendency for rapidly deepening secondary lows (such as this one was - "explosive cyclogenesis" as it has become known) to be sucked further into the orbit of the already existing primary low which they are orbiting, usurping the existing energy to become the primary low in turn. Without any of the sophisticated computer technology available at my disposal I well remember wondering how on earth this common phenomenon could possibly have escaped the experts' calculations, and went to bed feeling very uneasy, only to be proved right.

Comment

Working...
                                X