Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oddoneout
    • Nov 2015

We have had rain - hurrah. And of a decent quantity and quality that has actually managed to reach the soil. Apologies to those who have seen too much of it, but here all the recent precipitation has just passed by on the other side, or disappeared before reaching us, as it has done for several weeks.
    The site where I do volunteer gardening has a good sized pond in a wildlife garden and yesterday there was more than 12" of liner showing - not a good situation. Last night's offering won't have altered the level noticeably, but at least will have halted the loss. The management of the pond is a constant problem - excessive plant growth is a big part of why the water level is difficult to maintain,as the transpiration from the foliage of invasive and unsuitable plants is a major reason for the loss of water, but lacking bodies with sufficient physical capabilities to undertake the work to keep it properly under control, we are in a lose-lose situation.

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

Up here, in 'filthy', beautiful western edge of Cumbria fells, it is - as I post - 5C, it is clouds low / mist/ drizzle / wild NE wind.
      Last edited by DracoM; Today, 11:09.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
        • Jan 2011

Here it's wet, wet, wet!

Comment

• DracoM
          Host
          • Mar 2007

Real Cumbrian filth here- NE wind strong enough to blow you off your feet - as I have just discovered to my cost!!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Unprecedented rate of convection building cumulus to heavy showers from clear sky in an hour. Quick glance at the barometer followed by recoil in horror explains all. Warm undies laid out in readiness for tomorrow and the weekend.

Comment

• Petrushka
              • Nov 2010

Winter coat already being worn here. Rain once again this morning and not too warm at around 12°C.
              "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                Warm undies laid out in readiness for tomorrow and the weekend.
                Too much information, S_A?

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post

Too much information, S_A?
                  I thought I was being somewhat undies-stated!

Comment

Working...
                  X