X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DracoM
    Host
    • Mar 2007

Managed a walk without ice or snow or fog! Huzza! Instead, near on ankle deep mud! BUT fine bracing air and furiously arguing wrens.

Comment

• Pulcinella
      Host
      • Feb 2014

17 mm of rain forecast for York tomorrow, according to yr.no.

I feel sorry for our market traders; passing trade will be well down.

Comment

• oddoneout
        • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
        17 mm of rain forecast for York tomorrow, according to yr.no.

I feel sorry for our market traders; passing trade will be well down.
        Same here re: market. Heavy rain, and wind from due east are not enticing for anyone. It was dreary and damp today, and grey all through, but at least little breeze and not too cold.

Comment

• cloughie
          • Dec 2011

Collyford Reservir has reached 30% meaning that Cornwall’s SW Water customers will get a £30 rebate on their bills! I’ll try not to spend it all at once!

Comment

• Joseph K
            Banned
            • Oct 2017

Looks like today is rained off.

Comment

• oddoneout
              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
              Not as bad as expected this morning - grey and damp but very little breeze. A sudden flurry of rain as I was waiting for the bus I could have done without but it wasn't repeated for the return trip. At about 1-30 the cloud thickened and the rain started in earnest so now the lights are on and I've decided that I'll probably not venture out again. I've a couple of cards and gifts to deliver but they need the car so I'll double up with last minute shopping for milk and whatever fresh fruit and veg are to be had reduced price tomorrow I think. I did consider taking the car today and getting everything done in one go but I knew the traffic would be awful, so decided to do the bus today and get most of the shopping done but not the other errands. As it turned out the shops weren't too busy but the carparks and roads were solid; the bus journey was very delayed as a result, so less time to do the shopping, but I wouldn't have traveled any faster with the car as I would have been stuck in the same jams - alternative routes are just about non-existent. As my arthritis is currently playing up it was also a lot less painful just sitting on the bus rather than having to repeatedly manipulate controls, keep windows demisted, and twist my stiff neck round to see what other motorists were doing.
              Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and dry so better for being out and about.

Comment

• Petrushka
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                Heavy rain all day. Not a good day for that last minute shopping!
                "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• DracoM
                  Host
                  • Mar 2007

Comment

• Joseph K
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                    Heavy rain all day. Not a good day for that last minute shopping!
                    Managed to get a walk in this afternoon, though, only with some recourse to my hood.

Comment

• Joseph K
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2017

Nice here, sunny and mild.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Pleasant today, albeit with large amounts of high and medium-height cloud reducing the sun to a blob for most of the day. Yesterday I got caught in a quite unexpected downpour riding home with the last of my Xmas food shopping - a consequence of not keeping an eye on the skies, which is most unusual for me. A local computer shop rang me at 3.45 saying I had 15 minutes to get there and pick up my new monitor screen if I was to have it before the New Year. I made it! - lots of risks, cutting through stationary traffic, slicing off corners. Then I had to walk the 2 miles home with a heavy box in one hand while steering the bike with the other!

Think of all the poor folks in American right now!

Comment

• Joseph K
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                          It was only yesterday when my dad, who lives in Birmingham, Michigan, told me how incredibly cold it was there that I realised!

Another nice day here, very mild and sunny with not much wind. Didn't really need my jacket at all. Might rain later, however.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                            Host
                            • Feb 2014

Rain just started here, but (surprisingly?) it's brightened up too.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                              Host
                              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                              Indeed.
                              You have to remember that 'below zero' in reports of their weather (usually) means below 0F, i.e., around -18C.
                              When you realise that -40F is the same as -40C, you can see how really cold it has become.
                              There were very few days indeed when I lived in Atlantic Canada for a while when even with wind chill it got down that low, but there were days when you were advised not to be outdoors for very long.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

Around 50 people have died, haven’t they? I’m surprised there’s not been more?
                                Don’t cry for me
                                I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X