• Nov 2010

Another foggy morning.
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• oddoneout
      • Nov 2015

The overnight murk was impressively thick but didn't extend up very far - the streetlights were just covered but the taller trees across the filed were showing their tops - so when the sun came up the remnants were quickly dispersed, and now there is blue sky, sun and a light breeze. Mild of course. It looks as if overnight will see a change, so I will have to get the combined grass and leaf cut done today as it will probably be the last opportunity.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
        The overnight murk was impressively thick but didn't extend up very far - the streetlights were just covered but the taller trees across the filed were showing their tops - so when the sun came up the remnants were quickly dispersed, and now there is blue sky, sun and a light breeze. Mild of course. It looks as if overnight will see a change, so I will have to get the combined grass and leaf cut done today as it will probably be the last opportunity.
        Probably my last opportunity, just now, to take a cycle trip without need for an overcoat of some sort! If the predictions of temperatures not exceeding 10C by Thursday or Friday are correct, this will come as something of a shock, particularly as it is also expected to be very windy!

Comment

• Pulcinella
          Host
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          Probably my last opportunity, just now, to take a cycle trip without need for an overcoat of some sort! If the predictions of temperatures not exceeding 10C by Thursday or Friday are correct, this will come as something of a shock, particularly as it is also expected to be very windy!
          You'd probably need fog-lights on your bike up here today.
          Utterly miserable!

Comment

• Sir Velo
            • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            Never let a bit of bad weather stop me from getting a ride in

Comment

• Old Grumpy
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
              Ere it were misty in t' valleys and foggy on t' top of t' 'ambleton 'ills all day
              Much the same today, all day

Comment

• Pulcinella
                Host
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
                Never let a bit of bad weather stop me from getting a ride in
                You look better in your shades, good Sir!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

This, what we have today, is a www.com day. Wild, Wet & windy! It’s blowing a hooley, out there!
                  Don’t cry for me
                  I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• cloughie
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                    This, what we have today, is a www.com day. Wild, Wet & windy! It’s blowing a hooley, out there!
                    We had that last evening and overnight, calmer now!

Comment

• DracoM
                      Host
                      • Mar 2007

Misty, murky dreich here - sea birds already in on local fields from sea to shelter from incoming nastiness.
                      .....and now THRASHNG it down! Yuk! And on a sinisterly motivated NE 'breeze' [huh!]
                      Last edited by DracoM; 15-11-22, 14:44.

Comment

• Joseph K
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2017

Dark and wet.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                          Host
                          • Feb 2014

I've just asked if anyone on our estate WhatsApp group has simple instructions for building an ark.

The first reply I got was:

I have a friend who Noah's.

This was then followed by:

Q: Why did the polar bears on Noah's Ark hang out near the insects?
                          A: They were looking for the ark tick.

Comment

• Petrushka
                            • Nov 2010

Hammering down here! To be fair we needed this rain, or at least the racecourses did where the ground was too hard after the prolonged dry spell.
                            "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Sir Velo
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                              You look better in your shades, good Sir!
                              LOL - actually not me on the bike but the nearest I could find!

Comment

• oddoneout
                                • Nov 2015

As expected unpleasant weather has moved in. The rain hasn't actually been that heavy but the strong gusty winds make it much wetter than if it came straight down. Cooler but not actually cold yet, and currently a lull in the rain but more due to move in later.
                                Walked into town to do a few errands and get some exercise and fresh air; it was surprisingly busy but most of the Tuesday market stalls hadn't come so I imagine the two town centre supermarkets will have been busy too with folks wanting fruit and veg.
                                Went down the garden to look for windfalls and cursed when I realised I'd left the door of my small shed open overnight and rain had blown in. I had left it open yesterday after putting away some items to let the sun and air in to offset the damp... Then forgot about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X