X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
    The cloud is breaking up and there are the faintest hints of blue in a couple of places, so I think I'll risk the gardening - I have things to do that don't require standing on the soil, and if I take wellies the wet grass won't be an issue. Conditions due to deteriorate at the end of the afternoon, so I might as well get my fresh air and exercise while I can!
    There would appear to have been a major downpour overnight in London - most of which seems to have leapfrogged us in this district! Had we had such levels of rainfall our clothes drying and garage driveway would be displaying much larger puddles. Pictures on lunchtime news just now showing the Knighsbridge area under two feet of water with buses and other traffic ploughing through. Something like an inch and a half fell in an hour, as the cold occlusion passed through, but I think a lot of the problems have been down to drains not having been cleared for 19 months.

At 13 C right now I don't somehow think the 16 max promised will be reached here. And the forecasters are now downplaying any talk of exceptional warmth for Thursday and Friday - I could have told them that 3 days ago!

Comment

• oddoneout
      • Nov 2015

It did clear up and I had a good spell of gardening before the rain moved in again, but it was brief heavy showers rather than the hammering we had twice during the night. The wind is winding itself up - heading for high 30s - which isn't good news with trees still in leaf and the ground sodden. Met Office still reckons it could be quite warm Thursday and Friday - we shall see, I'd be happy just with dry and not too windy.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
        It did clear up and I had a good spell of gardening before the rain moved in again, but it was brief heavy showers rather than the hammering we had twice during the night. The wind is winding itself up - heading for high 30s - which isn't good news with trees still in leaf and the ground sodden. Met Office still reckons it could be quite warm Thursday and Friday - we shall see, I'd be happy just with dry and not too windy.
        Likewise, similar to down here. Today, I think is going to be a good day today.
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• DracoM
          Host
          • Mar 2007

Cloudless magic here this a.m.

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Dull, greet and dismal.
            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• DracoM
              Host
              • Mar 2007

Compete whiteout up here. Fells invisible.

Comment

• oddoneout
                • Nov 2015

An impressive red and gold sunrise developed into a lovely sunny warm day, just right for pottering about the site at work with three others looking for tree seeds for a new volunteer project. It clouded over at about 4pm, but is staying mild(night-time temps much higher than recent daytime ones!) and should be dry and warm tomorrow, although probably not as much sun it would seem.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

I hope it’s not going to rain today, because I’d like to try the new battery on my motobility scooter.
                  Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                    I hope it’s not going to rain today, because I’d like to try the new battery on my motobility scooter.
                    Motobility, BBM? Or did you mean
                    Motability
                    , or perhaps mobility?

Anyway, good luck!

OG

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
                      Motobility, BBM? Or did you mean
                      Motability
                      , or perhaps mobility?

Anyway, good luck!

OG
                      Hi OG! It is Motobility. I should’ve put a capital M first! Lol!

Rather a foggy start but should brighten up later.
                      Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

It's lovely this afternoon here, following this morning's foggy start. Unfortunately my intended ride to the North Downs was kyboshed by a call from a friend who'd just come out of hospital. Maybe tomorrow, which is also expected to be reasonable weatherwise - next week we're all going to have to acclimatize ourselves to temperatures being closer to what would be expected in mid-October, which will probably mean daytime drops of around 4-5 degs C., and considerably colder nights; it should stay fine, however.

Comment

• oddoneout
                          • Nov 2015

Rather a murky start as expected but cleared quickly and given another sunny and warm day. It will have been a welcome boost for leisure activities, and although Sunday won't be as warm it should stay dry and be sunny in the afternoon so should also be busy. The arrival of fuel at filling stations has come in time to make the most of it, and will have improved the general mood. A nice day for going to the seaside but an empty tank would have made for bad temper.

Comment

• DracoM
                            Host
                            • Mar 2007

Filth, dreich, and an edge of cold too.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

Felt quite warm, in the end, yesterday. Fog cleared and ended at 19C, with a lovely blue sky. It felt warmer though.
                              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Bryn
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2007

Hmm. Back to a winter duvet last night. I'll be out and about enjoying what the day has to offer, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X