X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

We having a cloudy day, with some sunny intervals, I think. Around 23C.
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
      We having a cloudy day, with some sunny intervals, I think. Around 23C.
      And what a relief!!! Best to make the most of the next few days, as it's expected to hot up again on Friday, this time lasting over the weekend. Temperatures not expected to be quite as high as yesterday, but that remains to be seen.

There were some wonderful elevated stormy skies here yesterday afternoon, and a truly dramatic, deep orange sunset, but whatever rain registered on the radar here evaporated on the way down, and the main zone of activity leapfrogged us before pepping up over the Midlands and carrying on up to the North-East.

Comment

• oddoneout
        • Nov 2015

A drop of more than 10 degrees today - cooler than it was for much of the night! No rain overnight - quel surprise - not. There are blobs on the map and mention of showers, so watering again tonight...

Comment

• DracoM
          Host
          • Mar 2007

Rained here overnight - tugging, chilly-edged westerly, some warm sun, then nowt. Hmm. Sunday??

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
            Rained here overnight - tugging, chilly-edged westerly, some warm sun, then nowt. Hmm. Sunday??
            Sours and shunny periods for thee and me, Draco.

Comment

• DracoM
              Host
              • Mar 2007

Yep!

Comment

• oddoneout
                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                Pity I can't trade some of my surplus degrees heat for your surplus precipitation isn't it?

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

I see that the temperature is going to ramp up to 31C in the hext few days, with a gradual build up to it.
                  Today a rather nice 22C.
                  Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• LMcD
                    • Sep 2017

Currently a pleasant 14.9 °C here. I'm NOT looking forward to another dose of the High Twenties!

Comment

• gurnemanz
                      • Nov 2010

Put shorts on again today when it looked sunny but rather chilly with a northerly breeze.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Large puffy cumulus clouds in clear brilliant sunshine, pointers to heavy showers this afternoon, which the forecast did not mention this morning. I shall be giving me poor legs a rest in any case today, following yesterday's non-stop 22 mile ride, embracing Battersea, Chelsea, Fulham, Putney, Wandsworth and Clapham Common. That now seems to represent my limit - I had literally to get off and walk the final quarter of a mile! Shame I forgot to take my wallet, as I discovered a fantastic second-hand bookshop, located at the Putney Bridge end of Ranelah Gardens - I see there are two Ranelagh Gardens, the other being those of the Royal Hospital Chelsea, in that order apparently - the home of the famous Chelsea Pensioners. I'm wondering, do they have to go about dressed that way all the time as a condition of residency?

Yes, it does look set to heat up again by this coming Friday, as others have indicated, though not quite to the same intensity as the last weekend, the air being sourced from less far south this time. They're currently talking of maxima of 30 C hereabouts, and just for Friday, after which it does remain very warm, however.

Comment

• oddoneout
                          • Nov 2015

Lots of promising looking cloud and the odd singular wet spot, but as per usual not coming to anything. There was some rain overnight which freshened things up and laid the dust although the wind removed all trace of it fairly quickly.
                          The bookshop will have to be delayed gratification SA - the main thing is that you have discovered it.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

SA #5561 that does sound like a marathon! Hope you not too bad today.

Not going to be too bad a day I think. Thankfully, with Friday’s temperature in mind!
                            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• DracoM
                              Host
                              • Mar 2007

Utter, dense dreich here. Temp: 16C here and raining.

..................and raining.......and raining.......and raining.....and......blimey .central heating has just come on unbidden - set to summer temps and....blow me!
                              Last edited by DracoM; 04-08-20, 17:34.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                                SA #5561 that does sound like a marathon! Hope you not too bad today.

Not going to be too bad a day I think. Thankfully, with Friday’s temperature in mind!
                                Knee joints still acheing a bit 2 days on, BBM, but I was able to make it down to Brixton Tesco's. Their on-site baked Multigrain is better than most, and they have tinned pear quarters, I was told - and they did. FYI only, there are more pear quarters than pear halves per tin of the same size. Not many people probably know that.

I asked the checkout girl if she maybe thought Hermesetas had been a Spanish prince or something. "I haven't a clue", she said.

Comment

Working...
                                X