Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

What a change after yesterday! Have had to put the laundry through the dryer instead of on the line. Man of iron(ing), me!

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
      What a change after yesterday! Have had to put the laundry through the dryer instead of on the line. Man of iron(ing), me!
      Come down to our place SA!

Going to be a good day today!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Joseph K
        Banned
        • Oct 2017

Unusually cool here. Not that I mind it, I much prefer it to rain & stuffiness...

Comment

• DracoM
          Host
          • Mar 2007

Quiet, gentle,sunny day, Venus already in sky SSE. Good to be alive.

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Another good day down here!
            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Weather's expected to stay good until the weekend - plenty of sunshine and not too warm.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Weather's expected to stay good until the weekend - plenty of sunshine and not too warm.
                That’s good to hear. Typical over the weekend, the weather changes!
                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                  That’s good to hear. Typical over the weekend, the weather changes!
                  Furthermore, 8 hours of thunderstorms are being forecast for Saturday - from midday on to the evening!

So!..... Today looking likely to be the best of the bunch, I shall take to the roads and pathways on my two wheels - hopefully in company with a friend, whom I want to pick up in Camberwell - still awaiting his reply: it's been nearly 5 months since we've met up - he has ME, and so is in a high-risk category and has been on self-isolation.

Comment

• DracoM
                    Host
                    • Mar 2007

Early smatterings of rain this a.m. Looks like more on the way.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

Furthermore, 8 hours of thunderstorms are being forecast for Saturday - from midday on to the evening!

So!..... Today looking likely to be the best of the bunch, I shall take to the roads and pathways on my two wheels - hopefully in company with a friend, whom I want to pick up in Camberwell - still awaiting his reply: it's been nearly 5 months since we've met up - he has ME, and so is in a high-risk category and has been on self-isolation.
                      Oh no. That’s quite a dilibating illness. Looks like a good day here, though. We always seem to miss these good thunderstorms. I’m not too sure if it’s where we are situated, in the weald.
                      Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                        Oh no. That’s quite a dilibating illness.
                        I've agreed to proof-read a book of poems he has written. He turned down my generous offer to join me on a 9-mile cycle ride! - which was just as well, since the traffic conditions all the way from Camberwell to Deptford were dire. Whenever the traffic seemed snarled up for good, I would dismount and start walking - and no sooner had I dismounted, the traffic would start moving again! However the snack hut in Ladywell Park has re-opened, with strict adherence to new hygiene requirements. Each time a customer left, the serving guy came out, carried the table and chairs away from the seating area, and sprayed and thoroughly wiped them. Lots of happy people in the park - no one seems the least bit concerned any more about social distancing, although most were wearing face masks - when not eating or drinking, obviously! Lots of small black children there with faces smudged white with vanilla ice cream!

Thundery sky here this morning - a sign of things to come, quite possibly. Another warm afternoon in the offing - will probably reach 25 C again.

Comment

• DracoM
                          Host
                          • Mar 2007

Utterly appalling up here - non-stop warm rain, fells totally invisible in dense grey-white thickness of rain, fog, cloud and .......the rest....

Comment

• oddoneout
                            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                            Utterly appalling up here - non-stop warm rain, fells totally invisible in dense grey-white thickness of rain, fog, cloud and .......the rest....
                            Well at least the rain is warm, so presumably "the rest" won't include snow...

Comment

• DracoM
                              Host
                              • Mar 2007

Ha!!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                                Ha!!
                                And you won't need to turn the heater on to have a shower!

Comment

Working...
                                X