X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
    Don't think it's stopped raining yet today...
    Nor here.
    But I have boldly planted out some strawberry plants and a blueberry bush anyway.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• LMcD
      • Sep 2017

Chilly with a bit of a breeze but plenty of sunny intervals here (so far!)

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Had a lovely day yesterday, with SonofBBM coming down for lunch. Looks good today as well!
        Don’t cry for me
        I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• DracoM
          Host
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
          Chilly with a bit of a breeze but plenty of sunny intervals here (so far!)
          Ditto here.......so far!! As fine and COLD a Spring day as you could wish. Good for a walk this p.m.
          Last edited by DracoM; 16-03-20, 12:47.

Comment

• oddoneout
            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
            Ditto here.......so far!! As fine and COLD a Spring day as you could wish. Good for a walk this p.m.
            That's good to hear Draco, you deserve a break up there from the ongoing meteorological dross . It was fairly bright this morning, and so lacking in air movement my ears were on edge! It's clouding over now and air movement is increasing - but still flat calm compared with recent efforts! Rain isn't forecast for another day or so, but that does mean that it may arrive for Wednesday's volunteer gardening which would be tiresome - but that could all change, we'll see.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

I just made the most of today's glorious sunshine to take what could be my last lengthy bike ride of approximately 15 miles - who can say in the circumstances? - taking the scenic Ravensbourne riverside path north from Beckenham to Deptford Crag, and returning by way of New Cross, Peckham Rye, East Dulwich and Dulwich Village. Waring a scarf, just to cover the lower part of my face should I encounter concentrated crowds of people, in the event I didn't need it, ever temporarily, as the usual crowded pavements in the vicinity of New Cross Gate station weren't there, despite it being the lunchtime hour, though residents and visitors to the Village seemed ready to go about their usual, cheerfully occupying restaurant tables inside and out front in the warm sunshine. There were fewer cyclists, dog exercisers and mums with babes in pushchairs on the river walk than I would have expected, given the long delay in coming of a day such as today.

A slow breakdown, coming in from NW Scotland and N Ireland, makes its way haltingly south-eastwards from later today, grinding to a stop on Wednesday and Thursday in the south while windier showery conditions return further north, and then being pushed back north on Friday with the development of a "cut-off low" to the SW of Cornwall and Devon on Friday, whch means rain for S Wales and southern England for Friday, lasting there possibly into Saturday. That low is expected to be blocked from further progression north-eastwards by a build-up of high pressure over Scandinavia, bringing in colder winds off the North Sea simultaneously to all regions, as commonly happens at this time of the year, which could last into next week, I'm afraid.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                Grin and bear it through gritted teeth for the time being: drier weather is on the way for next week - DracoM's friend the weather person said we could be experiencing 6 clear days without rain for the first time since last September!
                OMG! I wonder if that be enough time for the ground to soak up the water?

A lovely day here today.
                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• oddoneout
                  • Nov 2015

A beautiful bright golden dawn is now being overlaid with large smears of dirty cloud which are beginning to join up. It isn't supposed to rain, but the wind will 'become fresh'.

Comment

• DracoM
                    Host
                    • Mar 2007

Fells totally invisible at the moment in a foggy white-out.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

So much for the next few days being sunny! Yuk! Dull and overcast and UNISPIRING!
                      Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• LMcD
                        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                        So much for the next few days being sunny! Yuk! Dull and overcast and UNISPIRING!
                        Same here, but OK for a (solitary) walk across the fields.

Comment

• oddoneout
                          • Nov 2015

The change from vague damp to actual wet came as I'd finished what I wanted to do in the garden and coincided with lunchtime, so could have been worse. It's due to stay pretty wet for the afternoon so I'll rejig my errands and take the car rather than walk; I've had my exercise and some today, and have a new veg growing space to show for it!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                            The change from vague damp to actual wet came as I'd finished what I wanted to do in the garden and coincided with lunchtime, so could have been worse. It's due to stay pretty wet for the afternoon so I'll rejig my errands and take the car rather than walk; I've had my exercise and some today, and have a new veg growing space to show for it!
                            It's pleasant enough here - touched 60 degrees Fahrenheit at noon, though somewhat marred by a stiff breeze. It looks as though it might be raining first thing tomorrow when I take advantage of Sainsbury's early opening hour for old grumpies in order to replenish essentials missing as a consequence of the panic buying of the past few days.

Edit
                            My local St Sprees opens at 8 o'clock each morning except for Sunday, so I shall have to rise exceptionally early for me! For anyone concerned, check your local food retailing outlets online.
                            Last edited by Serial_Apologist; 18-03-20, 15:34. Reason: Edit added

Comment

• oddoneout
                              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                              It's pleasant enough here - touched 60 degrees Fahrenheit at noon, though somewhat marred by a stiff breeze. It looks as though it might be raining first thing tomorrow when I take advantage of Sainsbury's early opening hour for old grumpies in order to replenish essentials missing as a consequence of the panic buying of the past few days.

Edit
                              My local St Sprees opens at 8 o'clock each morning except for Sunday, so I shall have to rise exceptionally early for me! For anyone concerned, check your local food retailing outlets online.
                              All the supermarkets here open at 8am anyway, apart from the 2 local Co-ops which open at 6am. The panic has meant that by about 9-30 it's pretty quiet in Lidl and Aldi so I can get things done and still have plenty of morning left.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

A rather dull and gloomy day today, unfortunately. Be good to have some sun!
                                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X