X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Seems that our weather can be quite varied these days. Makes you wonder what the new day will bring?!?!?
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
      Seems that our weather can be quite varied these days. Makes you wonder what the new day will bring?!?!?
      Floods of more bad news, BBM. I feel extremely fortunate I chose to live relatively high up, on a heavily wooded hillside, which makes it lighly unlikely I will be flooded or washed away, along with the garden soil. Not many are blessed with such choice in this country.

Comment

• Joseph K
        Banned
        • Oct 2017

I too feel fortunate not to live in an area prone to flooding.

Sick of the rain, recently.

Comment

• DracoM
          Host
          • Mar 2007

Feel really sorry for any down south west etc if they are getting what we have here at the mo - wild, wild, wild wind and great billows of thick rain.

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
            Feel really sorry for any down south west etc if they are getting what we have here at the mo - wild, wild, wild wind and great billows of thick rain.
            A bit drizzly here but nothing too bad but strong winds and heavy rain forecast for tomorrow.

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
              Floods of more bad news, BBM. I feel extremely fortunate I chose to live relatively high up, on a heavily wooded hillside, which makes it lighly unlikely I will be flooded or washed away, along with the garden soil. Not many are blessed with such choice in this country.
              Sounds like a wonderful place!

Hope not too bad in the SW, Draco. I’ve family in Devon.

Mostly showers today, I think. Rather windy though.
              Don’t cry for me
              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Pulcinella
                Host
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                I too feel fortunate not to live in an area prone to flooding.

Sick of the rain, recently.
                York, sadly, is used to it.
                But locals are apparently annoyed at BBC coverage, which has put visitors off coming here.
                The pictures shown were of a flood plain, for heaven's sake (like Port Meadow in Oxford); it floods, not surprisingly.
                Properties in the centre on the river banks ARE badly affected, though.
                The new estate I live in has a couple of so-called balancing lakes, which I think can take a little bit of pressure off water flowing into the Foss; the beck just across the 'meadow' in front of the house is certainly pretty high, but a bit lower than it was the other day. Rain again here now, though.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

The cold front is going through right now as I write in the form of a line squall: winds approaching gale force, heavy rain with reduced visibility, temperature quickly falling, but cloud base rapidly lifting with sky to the west a lighter shade of grey.

Comment

• oddoneout
                    • Nov 2015

As is so often the way the earliest tree blossom just starts to appear and the weather does its best to whip it off. Just now there was a lacerating hail squall. As on several previous days the morning was dry, although this time dull and with a lazy (goes through you rather than round) strong cold wind. The rain arrived lunchtime and unfortunately won't clear through in time for me to walk into town for a doctor's appointment.

Comment

• LezLee
                      • Apr 2019

Horizontal sleet, followed by blue sky and sunshine, then back to sleet. Snow on the tops of the Ochils. Not cold though.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by LezLee View Post
                        Horizontal sleet, followed by blue sky and sunshine, then back to sleet. Snow on the tops of the Ochils. Not cold though.
                        ...............the tough get going.

Comment

• DracoM
                          Host
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by LezLee View Post
                          Pretty well exactly what we have here.

Comment

• DracoM
                            Host
                            • Mar 2007

Incessant rain rattling at the windows, fells totally invisible, and fiercely driving westerlies. Simply awful.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                              • Dec 2010

20-25 mph south-westerlies with a nasty edge belying the actual 10 degrees celsius. Just about to watch the news, in expectation of further bad news from N Wales and the NW.

Comment

• LezLee
                                • Apr 2019

Still windy and piddling down. Railway between here and Glasgow flooded again.

Comment

Working...
                                X