Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LezLee
    • Apr 2019

Cloudy but a quite pleasant 8° now the wind's died down.

Comment

• oddoneout
      • Nov 2015

It's clouding over now but it has been a pleasant sunny morning, and mild. The walk into town for the errands becomes a pleasure rather than a chore in such conditions.

Comment

• DracoM
        Host
        • Mar 2007

Up here, damp, dreich, foggy................what a start to 2020!

Comment

• BBMmk2
          Late Member
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
          Flew in from Cologne last night and there was a beautifully clear, crisp nightscape view of London with a fine half moon.
          Must’ve been great to see, instead of cloud!

Looks as though it will be a rather uninspiring day, weather wise.
          Don’t cry for me
          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• gurnemanz
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            Indeed - and a Fullers pub at that!

http://www.halfmoonhernehill.co.uk
            Mine's an ESB ...

Comment

• DracoM
              Host
              • Mar 2007

Up here, the fells have been largely or completely invisible all day behind thickening mist / rain / yuk.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                Gone fishin'
                • Sep 2011

Yes - the sunshine of the first four days of the year gave way to cloud and drizzle all day in this bit of the Pennines. Very mild - reaching 10 degrees - though.
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• DracoM
                  Host
                  • Mar 2007

10C??????????
                  Blimey, you were lucky!! Max here at about 3.35 was 6C.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

A rather dull day today.
                    Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                      A rather dull day today.
                      Not here, I have to say! The warmth in the sun once the clag had partly cleared this morning was palpable, even though it's only the start of January.

But with that said, above the broken stratocumulus I'm now seeing high and mid-level could advancing from the west, indicating the cold front that produced, strong wind, heavy rain and even some thunder across the SW this morning. This is expected to reach here and all areas north and south around 3-4pm - hopefully it will have passed through by 7.30 tonight, given that I have a 2-mile walk or cycle ride to Forest Hill to catch an Overground to Dalston for a gig at the Vortex. I'm anxious about leaving my bike outside the station, now that it's so pristine, following the £177 I spent on having it completely overhauled, including new just about everything, taping on the handlebars, that it looks almost brand new! Yesterday's trial run almost made the 1 in 10 up to Crystal palace Parade seem a piece of cake!

Comment

• DracoM
                        Host
                        • Mar 2007

Well, here, western edge of Pennines, it is rodding it down on a driving and rising westerly, horizons bleaked out.
                        And judging by what I can see, this is only the start.

Coming your way, Midlands and SE!!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                          Well, here, western edge of Pennines, it is rodding it down on a driving and rising westerly, horizons bleaked out.
                          And judging by what I can see, this is only the start.

Coming your way, Midlands and SE!!
                          Well the BBC weather person was ashen-faced and full of grim forebodings of a dreadful week of severe weather at lunchtime - but actually it is just tomorrow and Wednesday, and the northern half of the country, that can expect strong gales and appreciable amounts of rainfall - after which the isobars open out, and it will just be rain, rain and yet more rain. No indications of cold weather to come as yet, though some are beginning to detect a slow southward migration of the Atlantic Jet, which would introduce such.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

SA you’re lucky! A mixed bag today down here. Going out for lunch, so hoping the weather will hold!
                            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                              SA you’re lucky! A mixed bag today down here. Going out for lunch, so hoping the weather will hold!
                              Well it was a nice morning here too, wrm, sunshine with an attractive altocumulus sky (bubble wrap type Ac); then at lunchtime the low clag swept in fast from the SW, along with an increase in wind force, and a few moderate-sized rain spost have now arrived - the morning's view of 'Ampstead 'Eef being now obliterated.

A massive fridge, over a metre square and 2 metres tall, has just been delivered, presumably for the nice couple upstairs, and is sitting outside the common porch for me and my next doors in its cardboard wrapping. Upstairs I can hear the delivery man on his phone telling someone the recipients are not in, and what should he do? so I've quietly slipped back inside, rather than take the monster in, which would completely block my entrance and probably be impossible for said neighbour and me, with my back problems, to then shift up the exterior stairway.

Comment

• DracoM
                                Host
                                • Mar 2007

Utterly, utterly vile here and now far colder than in a.m.

Comment

Working...
                                X