• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by LezLee View Post
    Make sure you keep warm and keep up with your antibiotics if prescribed. Last May I was hospitalised for 5 weeks with a chest infection which ended up as sepsis (temperature 40°), quite scary.
    That’s what my wife was afraid of. Thank goodness mine was nipped!

Thank you guys. Went to the surgery and on antebiotics and steroids. Hoping to be back to normal soon.

Looks like not a bad day today
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Overnight rain, bright start to day but now duller and expect more rain shortly.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by LezLee View Post
        Make sure you keep warm and keep up with your antibiotics if prescribed. Last May I was hospitalised for 5 weeks with a chest infection which ended up as sepsis (temperature 40°), quite scary.
        And yet, they're constantly on about not taking antibiotics for a cough, because they won't do any good. It's difficult to know who or what to believe these days!

Comment

• vinteuil
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          And yet, they're constantly on about not taking antibiotics for a cough, because they won't do any good. It's difficult to know who or what to believe these days!
          ... antibiotics for bacterial infections. They won't do anything for viral infections. Believe the science!

Find out about antibiotics, which are used to treat or prevent some types of bacterial infection.

Comment

• gurnemanz
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            and expect more rain shortly.
            Hope washing dries before it reaches Wilts.

Comment

• oddoneout
              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
              While understanding what you actually meant, my brain went off into visions of washing strung up inside a car, or a rotary drier on the roof, whilst on a journey, or casting the washing into a favourable airstream from somewhere to be gathered in Wilts. I think the latter was harking back to an (IKEA ?) ad which had washing flying like migrating birds.
              Helped to brighten a soggy gloomy day. It is brightening up now but that is bringing a noticeable chill as the wind shifts round to more northerly.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                Surprisingly it hasn’t rained again yet and in any case your washing should be fine as wind speed is 9 mph from WNW. 62% chance of rain in the next hour - still dull!

Comment

• DracoM
                  Host
                  • Mar 2007

4.43 p.m and a whopping drop in temp up here. Looks like a frosty night ahead!!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                    Late Member
                    • Nov 2010

Another old dry day. Mind you, I think we had rain later.
                    Don’t cry for me
                    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

A sunny start to the day here!

Comment

• gurnemanz
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                        While understanding what you actually meant, my brain went off into visions of washing strung up inside a car, or a rotary drier on the roof, whilst on a journey, or casting the washing into a favourable airstream from somewhere to be gathered in Wilts. I think the latter was harking back to an (IKEA ?) ad which had washing flying like migrating birds.
                        Nice point.

Update which the world is waiting to hear: the rain did arrive before washing (hanging on line) was dry, but the air was so damp that it wasn't going to dry completely even without rain.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Glorous here - such a change after so long with nil sunshine. Looks like it's going to last until Friday, when temperatures return to the December average of around 8C max, heralding a wet afternoon! Well, at this time of the year the choice is usually between cold if sunny, and mild, wet and blowy!

Comment

• Pulcinella
                            Host
                            • Feb 2014

First day of our new solar panels today, and the battery (which had discharged to its safety 10% value overnight: admittedly it had only been supplied at about 45% charged when fitted yesterday) has hit 100%, which effectively means we used all we produced today (minimal background during the day today, though I ran both the washing machine and the dishwasher this afternoon) and still had enough spare to fill the battery. Of course we might have used some power from the grid at times too.
                            Admittedly a very clear bright day here, but this bodes well!
                            (happy person in sunglasses emoticon)

Comment

• oddoneout
                              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                              Glorous here - such a change after so long with nil sunshine. Looks like it's going to last until Friday, when temperatures return to the December average of around 8C max, heralding a wet afternoon! Well, at this time of the year the choice is usually between cold if sunny, and mild, wet and blowy!
                              So lovely - and cheering - to have a sunrise. There was a touch of frost overnight but it cleared away in good time for those going to work. There were a couple of very brief drizzly episodes but otherwise it has been good periods of sun and not too cold as little wind. The low sun was setting off a neighbour's silver birch beautifully, the gold leaves trembling against blue patches of sky, and my mini pollarded willows turned into burning bushes.
                              Due to be cold overnight with warning of freezing fog for Saturday morning so I'm pleased I don't have to go out until later in the day.

Comment

• DracoM
                                Host
                                • Mar 2007

Cloudless day - in for a whacking frost again tonight. Easterly breezes.

Comment

Working...
                                X