• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    Same as here, BBM. Surprising we're so blessed up here, given that the temperature reached 33C in the centre of town yesterday, only 6 miles to the north. The sky's looking quite thundery today, but it has cooled off quite a bit, and I don't think there's enough energy up there to trigger off anywhere now: most of it is over neighbouring Belgium and Holland. From Sunday onwards temperatures will be back to normal, which means maxing at 20-21C, as we're at the start of the slide into autumn. Still, it's been a pretty good summer by usual standards, I think, and we can't rule out further warm spells.
    Yes, not bad at all.

I think we will have an Indian Summer, or like you said, SA, further warm spells now the kids will return to school soon!
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Very wet day yesterday until late afternoon, then a beautiful evening. Today looking good!

Comment

• oddoneout
        • Nov 2015

Yesterday was still pretty warm(25 plus), and slight rain overnight made it very sticky as well. Today is cooler and fresher, with a useful amount of rain having(finally) fallen during the night, thus relieving me of some watering duties.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Brilliant strong sunshine makes it feel warmer than it actually is, with a refreshing cool sou'westerly, which is expected to last until Sunday, when winds will veer round to a more nor'westerly, bringing temperatures down to what one would expect for the start of September, though I expect that'll come as rather a shock, given that it's been so above average for so long. Not much rain expected, apart from in the NW and Scotland.

Comment

• DracoM
            Host
            • Mar 2007

Cold, blustery, rain threatening; increasingly infrequent shafts of sun between shivering, scudding clouds.

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

I see our friends up north will be having a bad weather day today. Hope all be ok!

Meanwhile down south, quite thick cloud is hovering, at the moment. Not sure if we’ll have rain, though.
              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• DracoM
                Host
                • Mar 2007

Finest fine rain on a wildish westerly, soaks everything in seconds even through relatively robust outer-ware. Fog, fast clouds, trees thrashing.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                  I see our friends up north will be having a bad weather day today. Hope all be ok!

Meanwhile down south, quite thick cloud is hovering, at the moment. Not sure if we’ll have rain, though.
                  Should be OK today, BBM. Lovely sunshine at the moment, and temperatures in the low 20s, well within my comfort zone. Tomorrow I shall have to get my week's groceries in the morning, before that cold front that's expected sweeps through in the afternoon and evening. After that it's be a matter of getting the jackets and long-sleeved shirts out again, for the first time since June. Summer always seems to pass so quickly!

Comment

• oddoneout
                    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                    Finest fine rain on a wildish westerly, soaks everything in seconds even through relatively robust outer-ware. Fog, fast clouds, trees thrashing.
                    Weather is so inequitable isn't it?
                    It's become somewhat draughty here, which is rather tiresome from the point of view of removing the moisture the rain brought a couple of nights ago, but plenty of sun and decent temperatures, with the prospect of similar tomorrow.

Comment

• gradus
                      • Nov 2010

Still warm here in sunny Suffolk, not as nice as yesterday at Walberswick (film title?) which was sunny and blue and rather Martha's Vinyard - so I am told.

Comment

• DracoM
                        Host
                        • Mar 2007

Blimey! Deep envy!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by gradus View Post
                          Still warm here in sunny Suffolk, not as nice as yesterday at Walberswick (film title?) which was sunny and blue and rather Martha's Vinyard - so I am told.
                          I remember catching crabs there as a child.

Real crabs!

Comment

• gurnemanz
                            • Nov 2010

Played tennis from 7-9 pm. Very nice conditions - sun and cloud, little wind and pleasant temperature. Time for a beer.

Comment

• DracoM
                              Host
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                              I remember catching crabs there as a child.

Real crabs!
                              HUGE sands, can be mercilessly hot!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                                Late Member
                                • Nov 2010

I think it may be ok for an early evening saunter down the road to a friend’s house.
                                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X