• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    Note that BBM says near Brighton, not IN Brighton, vints!
    I live near Brighton. BBMish strikes again!
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
      I live near Brighton. BBMish strikes again!

Off now to Dalston. Near Hackney, but not IN hackney.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Off now to Dalston. Near Hackney, but not IN hackney.

Had a great day today. Me and MrsBBM went down town and had to do a couple of bits and bods, then had to go to The Vampire’s Clinic, to have two tests done! One for my regular infusion treatments and the other for my cancer doc. Then home. Had a great session writing music today as well. All in all not bad, I say!
        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Joseph K
          Banned
          • Oct 2017

Had a great day today. Me and MrsBBM went down town and had to do a couple of bits and bods, then had to go to The Vampire’s Clinic, to have two tests done! One for my regular infusion treatments and the other for my cancer doc. Then home. Had a great session writing music today as well. All in all not bad, I say!

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
            Thank you Joseph!

I think it’s going to a god day today. Going to my elderly mother’s place today. We go there three times a week to give her lunch. Then, as I wasn’t able to have my infusion treatment last week, due to my calcium levels being too low, I’ll be going this afternoon. Looks like I’ll be able to use my powered chair, because the weather I think is going to be ok today.
            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Thank you Joseph!

I think it’s going to a god day today. Going to my elderly mother’s place today. We go there three times a week to give her lunch. Then, as I wasn’t able to have my infusion treatment last week, due to my calcium levels being too low, I’ll be going this afternoon. Looks like I’ll be able to use my powered chair, because the weather I think is going to be ok today.
              There's a bit of cloud build-up but you should be OK BBM. Tomorrow's when everything goes downhill, and the weekend looks likely to be cold everwhere, but fine. Well, you can't have two good bank holiday weekends in a row!

Comment

• LezLee
                • Apr 2019

Cloudy and not very warm today. Some hail forecast further north later and some snow on high ground tomorrow! I'd forgotten about the Bank Holiday, all days are the same to me.

Comment

• teamsaint
                  • Nov 2010

Very pleasant , mild and sunny in central London today. Air quality seemed decent. Cooler and more overcast back home in S Wilts.
                  Anybody know who is going into that huge skyscraper at 22 Bishopsgate ? Snoremouse !!!!

Can’t say I’m struck by the redevelopment of Spitalfields. Bit bland and endless variations on restaurant themes. And no signs.

Book shops all seem busy, and Fopp just off CX Road ( Shaftesbury Avenue I suppose it is ) was full of baby boomers , mostly ignoring the big racks of vinyl. Good selection of rock , pop and jazz, classical was feeble.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• greenilex
                    • Nov 2010

Even down here they will keep building ginormous skyscrapers which stay empty for ever and are just part of someone’s portfolio of possessible tat.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

Going to be a busy day today. Going to vote, see about whether motability would suit us, I think it will, hair cut, and vote. Looks like the weather be good today as well!
                      Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• vinteuil
                        • Nov 2010

Going to be a busy day today. Going to vote, see about whether motability would suit us, I think it will, hair cut, and vote. Looks like the weather be good today as well!
                        ... always good advice : "vote early, and vote often... "

Comment

• Joseph K
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2017

Yes, an exceedingly pleasant walk up to the library this morning, sunny with a fresh breeze.

Comment

• Joseph K
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                            Yes, an exceedingly pleasant walk up to the library this morning, sunny with a fresh breeze.
                            Though overcast and raining on the way home.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                              • Dec 2010

Will it rain, is the question that must be on everybody's minds. So far an inversion at about 10,000 feet, from visual observation, has kept the anticipated convection capped. But it is now thickening fast up there - a couple of lightning flashes in the Manchester/Peaks area in the past half hour suggest what is probably on the way as surface insolation aids cumulus growth. Glad I did my main cycling exercise yesterday, taking to the Ravensbourne Riverside path after having my annual blood check at the local cottage hospital in E Dulwich. I just love this time of the year - the bluebells, ransomes and numerous varieties of white-flowering trees and shrubs giving off that wonderful scent; the fresh vivid green of new foliage.

Comment

• Joseph K
                                Banned
                                • Oct 2017

Will it rain, is the question that must be on everybody's minds.
                                That for us was answered over an hour ago.

I just love this time of the year - the bluebells, ransomes and numerous varieties of white-flowering trees and shrubs giving off that wonderful scent; the fresh vivid green of new foliage.
                                Agreed!

Comment

Working...
                                X