X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Serial_Apologist
    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by greenilex View Post
    Good luck, S-A: last time I had some interesting tests but refused to worry about any of them.
    Thanks!

Comment

• BBMmk2
      Late Member
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      I think so here BBM - there's a song down here which is appropriate to day - 'It never rains in Cornwall, there's always a bright blue sky. It never rains in Cornwall, and the Cornish never lie!'
      Indeed not Clougie!

Another blessed day, well I seem to have some kind of infection in my right hand today. Going to see the paramedic nurse later. May have to goi to hospital for IV antibiotics!
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
        Gone fishin'
        • Sep 2011

Ach! Rotten news, Bbm - hope all goes swimmingly at the parameds.
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Always make sure to wear good quality gardening gloves when tending the weeds - there are some nasty speciments out there that can leave infecting bristles in the unguarded hand, don't I just know!

Very solid stratocumulus cloud cover today - can't imagine anything managing to penetrate this sun not strong enough, winds too light to break up the cloud sheet; at least the temperatures are reasonable, though: (13 C when checked just now).

All the bad weather has been pushed well to the south: on live lightning maps I'm looking at something resembling the Piccadillly Circus illuminations firing off right along the north of Algeria and Tunisia. Looks like we won't be seeing any rain hereabouts for the next week at least - daytime max temperatures rising to near 16 C tomorrow and Friday before falling back to normal on Saturday as the winds swing around to the N.

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Rather overcast today. I think the sun is trying it’s best though.
            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
              Rather overcast today. I think the sun is trying it’s best though.
              Had a nasty fall yesterday - en route to the Dr's surgery for my annual!! At a busy crossroads next to the practice I was attempting to negotiate may way through a line of traffic waiting to break onto the main road. Drivers often tend to be impuslve in the haste to get moving in such circumstances, so I was waiting for an assurance from the second in queue I could cross safely, and failed to notice one of those stupid bell-like structures marking a borough boundary. At least I think that must've been what I tripped over, banging my left knee and right forehead on the road surface. Luckily the glasses fell to the ground undamaged. The receptionist was very concerned to see so much blood dripping onto their floor, but as I only had a couple of minutes' waiting I decided to surprise the new (as it happened) doctor with a grand entry! Luckily the facial was just a graze. The left leg was the most painful after effect, and I may have been mistaken to think up a leasurely cycle to stop the tendons around the knee seizing up, because having returned home and put my feet up for a cup of tea, I then found it too painful to straighten that leg, and was literally left limping at snail's pace until bedtime, wincing in agony. Ice cubes in a sandwich bag placed over the knee until the ice melted proved less palliative than good old Ibuprofen healing gel. At least I think that is what has roughly halved the pain, as I am able once more to walk very tentatively, with no more yelping out loud. I have to go out this afternoon - fortunately only a short distance, which I can cycle - and I can show off the prominent shiner which now frames my right eye. As I said to the Dr when asked if there was anything else she should include in her report for me, "Well you could add stupidity, I suppose"!

Shame about not being able to take full advantage of what is turning out to be quite a nice mild day.

Later: I should add that the local chemist advised me, in no uncertain terms, against using Ibuprofen, in any form (pills, gel etc) in conjunction with medications for a heart condition.
              Last edited by Serial_Apologist; 28-03-19, 18:14. Reason: Final paragraph added

Comment

• Joseph K
                Banned
                • Oct 2017

Idyllic, here: sunny, perfect temperature.

Comment

• cloughie
                  • Dec 2011

Crossed over the mighty Tamar today and the blue sky and bright sunshine persists in Devon.

Comment

• teamsaint
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                    Had a nasty fall yesterday - en route to the Dr's surgery for my annual!! At a busy crossroads next to the practice I was attempting to negotiate may way through a line of traffic waiting to break onto the main road. Drivers often tend to be impuslve in the haste to get moving in such circumstances, so I was waiting for an assurance from the second in queue I could cross safely, and failed to notice one of those stupid bell-like structures marking a borough boundary. At least I think that must've been what I tripped over, banging my left knee and right forehead on the road surface. Luckily the glasses fell to the ground undamaged. The receptionist was very concerned to see so much blood dripping onto their floor, but as I only had a couple of minutes' waiting I decided to surprise the new (as it happened) doctor with a grand entry! Luckily the facial was just a graze. The left leg was the most painful after effect, and I may have been mistaken to think up a leasurely cycle to stop the tendons around the knee seizing up, because having returned home and put my feet up for a cup of tea, I then found it too painful to straighten that leg, and was literally left limping at snail's pace until bedtime, wincing in agony. Ice cubes in a sandwich bag placed over the knee until the ice melted proved less palliative than good old Ibuprofen healing gel. At least I think that is what has roughly halved the pain, as I am able once more to walk very tentatively, with no more yelping out loud. I have to go out this afternoon - fortunately only a short distance, which I can cycle - and I can show off the prominent shiner which now frames my right eye. As I said to the Dr when asked if there was anything else she should include in her report for me, "Well you could add stupidity, I suppose"!

Shame about not being able to take full advantage of what is turning out to be quite a nice mild day.

Later: I should add that the local chemist advised me, in no uncertain terms, against using Ibuprofen, in any form (pills, gel etc) in conjunction with medications for a heart condition.
                    Oh dear, hope you are feeling a bit better this evening, SA.
                    I was in central London today. Lots of walking along major routes, ( not enough time to risk going wrong !) but the air seemed a bit grim. And the trains were full to bursting there and back, and hot to boot.

Had lunch in a park just behind Southampton Row , breaking my walk from Liverpool St to Charing Cross Road, which was nice. The City, as ever, feels like a John Wyndham novel, all shiny new paving, and almost nobody over the age of 35.
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Pulcinella
                      Host
                      • Feb 2014

Wall to wall sunshine with temperature up to 15C forecast for daytime here, today.

Comment

• cloughie
                        • Dec 2011

Sorry to hear of your mishap S_A. I had a tumble back in early December, misjudging a step in the dark, rolling over grazing hand, banging head, knee, ribs and pride. Took a week or two for bruising to come out but thankfully nothing broken and now recovered with no long term damage. Take care and you should fine dreckly, but at our ages when these things happen the healing takes a little longer.

Today’s weather - a very misty start, hopefully will clear to the blue skies which have been the norm for the week!

Comment

• greenilex
                          • Nov 2010

What a horrid mishap to read about over breakfast. Hope you are better today, S-A.

I had a fine hazy ferry trip to Hythe yesterday morning, a walk along Lepe beach and a sleep in my friends’ garden...first al fresco snooze of the year. No ill effects so far.

A magnificent two-masted sail training ship was on her way out just in front of the ferry. Glorious sight.

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                            Gone fishin'
                            • Sep 2011

Yes that fall sounds particularly gruesome, S_A - and annoying to hear about Ibuprofen (I have the same prohibition because of my asthma). Hope everything is a lot less painful and a lot more flexible today.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                              Late Member
                              • Nov 2010

Sorry to hear this SA. A speedy recovery I hope for!

We are blessed again today.
                              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                                Gone fishin'
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                                Sorry to hear this SA. A speedy recovery I hope for!
                                Speaking of which - how's your hand now, Bbm: the injections proved painless and effective, I hope.

We are blessed again today.
                                Yes - so are we in this bit of the Pennines. Perfect gardening weather -

Comment

Working...
                                X