X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinteuil
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    I suppose chicks are a change from cats and dogs!

"What's worse than raining cats and dogs?

Hailing taxis.... "

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      I suppose chicks are a change from cats and dogs!
      Oh, fick!
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
        Oh, fick!
        ...as two short planks?

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
          Gone fishin'
          • Sep 2011

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Not going to be a sunny day today?!?
            Don’t cry for me
            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• oddoneout
              • Nov 2015

Pleasant today - plenty of sun, wind at a much more civilised level and temperature and doing a good job of drying out the excess water.
              A spectacular hailstorm yesterday afternoon which left a temporary imitation of snow on the ground as they were very much slightly hardened snow -white - rather than solid ice. Even so I got stung on the face painfully while getting the washing in, and the sound of the precipitation coming over was impressive.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                Pleasant today - plenty of sun, wind at a much more civilised level and temperature and doing a good job of drying out the excess water.
                A spectacular hailstorm yesterday afternoon which left a temporary imitation of snow on the ground as they were very much slightly hardened snow -white - rather than solid ice. Even so I got stung on the face painfully while getting the washing in, and the sound of the precipitation coming over was impressive.
                Well spotted that man! Yes, you're correct, oddy - I observed the same phenomenon during one of yesterday's wintry downpours here, and the colloqual term for it is "graupel": snowflakes which have started to melt on the way down and then become re-frozen on passing through a colder sub-layer. The precipitation wa a mixture of moderate-sized raindrops, graupel and "true", large pea-sized hail. The temperature fell spectacularly, from 10 Degs. Celsius to 3 degs C in about ten minutes. Similar-looking weather today, although the showers are not as heavy as they were yesterday - at present, at least.

We have a couple of weakish frontal systems to pass through tomorrow and Wednesday before high pressure builds up to the south, bringing warm moderate winds carrying quite large amounts of cloud to the bulk of England and Wales, and stronger winds further north and west, where there will be wind plus some rain from time to time, though nothing like at the weekend just gone!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

Are we going to have sun today?
                  Don’t cry for me
                  I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
                    Are we going to have sun today?
                    We've got a fair bit of it down here in Cornwall this morning...

...and hands off BBM, we're keeping it!
                    I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• Mal
                      • Dec 2016

"Cyclone Idai, the tropical storm ravaging southern Africa, is possibly the worst weather-related disaster to hit the southern hemisphere, with 1.7 million people affected in Mozambique and 920,000 in Malawi, UN officials have said.

Storm surge floods up to six metres deep had caused “incredible devastation” over a huge area, the UN World Food Programme regional director, Lola Castro, said. The Buzi river had burst its banks, killing hundreds..."

Comment

• Joseph K
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2017

Not sunny here, but pretty idyllic nonetheless IMO - nice and mild, no wind.

Comment

• cloughie
                          • Dec 2011

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
                          We've got a fair bit of it down here in Cornwall this morning...

...and hands off BBM, we're keeping it!
                          Well you’re nearer the Tamar to keep it here LMP! Eden was good yesterday very early doors, and St Ives more sunny than inland this afternoon!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Mal View Post
                            "Cyclone Idai, the tropical storm ravaging southern Africa, is possibly the worst weather-related disaster to hit the southern hemisphere, with 1.7 million people affected in Mozambique and 920,000 in Malawi, UN officials have said.

Storm surge floods up to six metres deep had caused “incredible devastation” over a huge area, the UN World Food Programme regional director, Lola Castro, said. The Buzi river had burst its banks, killing hundreds..."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ambique-malawi
                            It's another instance of the global warming phenomenon that some are still in denial about, notwithstanding ample scientific evidence of proof. And now, of course, the consequences are starting to affect America. I'm sure their right to bear arms will protect them.

Comment

• Joseph K
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
                              Not sunny here, but pretty idyllic nonetheless IMO - nice and mild, no wind.
                              The same today, except sunnier and warmer. Perfect weather.

Comment

• Mal
                                • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                                It's another instance of the global warming phenomenon...
                                Any evidence for this? Climate scientists have made a good case for global warming being man made, but it's difficult to tie individual events to global warming. A few years ago I was worried by reports that global warming might be slowing down the gulf stream, leading to Siberian winters in the UK, but then scientists reckoned it wasn't:

Comment

Working...
                                X